Jamie Eason's LiveFit

Options
Does anyone have any experience with this? Is anyone interested in it? I am very intrigued, but I just don't have the time to join a gym right now...I'm wondering if I can modify for at-home dumbbell use. Any thoughts welcome/appreciated!

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Im about to start it, have some questions myself, i see that she has videos on the site for helping those who do not go to the gym. i beleive you need certain things though (i.e. exercise ball, free weights, etc)
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Help, please!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I had a crack at day one at home with dumbbells. Every move that required gym equipment, I just plugged the name into google with the word dumbbells added. Maybe we might not get the full benefit that might be obtained doing the move on a machine but at least we are doing something, and it is free. :-)
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for the past 2 weeks at the gym. I know there are videos and suggestions for at home workouts. There's a group here that may be able to help you. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3237-jamie-eason-2012
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I did the first two months of the program, but I was at the gym. I think that you would have to make so many substitutions that you would really miss out on the benefits. Most of the leg exercises would be out completely since she uses a lot of machines...your better option would be to google "simple at home dumbbell workouts."
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Im almost done with it. I believe there are modified versions for at home. It's getting pretty intense. I had a mid-way thru slump or crash in diet, but I'm going to finish it up take a few weeks off and then start it again. I like it.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start Phase 3. You definetly need to have time to spend at the gym. By the end 6 days 1 1/2 hours. Then every 2 weeks it changes and builds so you gotta be committed to get result. Like in my case I havent lost any weight and I'm building muscle. Phase 3 should lean me out.
  • becks2089
    becks2089 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did everyone take the advice of no cardio during the first phase? I understand why she's implementing it, but I will want to do something.
    I started a c25k a month ago... and I made amazing progress. I don't wanna just abandon that. If I were to keep doing cardio during PHASE 1, should it be light elliptical/treadmill, or maybe 20 min HIIT sessions?
    Any advice I welcomed. I am starting the Phase 1 Day 1 Today!
    I can't wait to get stronger. :)
  • gettingthinandfit
    Options
    I am in phase two right now, and I love it! The no cardio in the beginning helps you build muscles, and those muscles make you burn more calories in general. It's great and you get great results if you stick with it!
  • Jerri323
    Jerri323 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Did everyone take the advice of no cardio during the first phase? I understand why she's implementing it, but I will want to do something.
    I started a c25k a month ago... and I made amazing progress. I don't wanna just abandon that. If I were to keep doing cardio during PHASE 1, should it be light elliptical/treadmill, or maybe 20 min HIIT sessions?
    Any advice I welcomed. I am starting the Phase 1 Day 1 Today!
    I can't wait to get stronger. :)

Well... she also has a 12 week Burning the Fat Program, I'm getting things together to start this tomorrow. You do 2 days of Training (cardio after training) , 2 days of Cardio and 2 days of rest. I'm still putting it all together but I wanted something that I could still incorporate the Cardio. http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/training
  • vickystrand1
    vickystrand1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am in phase two right now, and I love it! The no cardio in the beginning helps you build muscles, and those muscles make you burn more calories in general. It's great and you get great results if you stick with it!

Are you going to a gym?
    In general how long did the phase 1 workouts take?