Non-gym inner thigh exercises?

Options
castadiva
castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for exercises that can be done at home/not at a gym ie. not requiring special equipment to tone the inner thigh area? This is the last hold-out area on my otherwise very-toned legs, and it's driving me slightly demented!

Replies

• mosschopscider
    mosschopscider Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep. Lie on your side with the top leg over the front of the bottom leg so the top leg calf is on the floor in front,. Raise your lower leg. You should feel this in your inner thigh. Do 3 sets of 10/12.Turn on to your other side and repeat.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has some great inner thigh work outs-just go to the site and put inner thigh and a vid will pop up..A good site and free. Good luck:-)
  • all4derby
    all4derby Posts: 55
    Options
    Squats and lunges are full, compound leg exercises and the most effective. You can also do leg lefts my laying on the floor on your side with your bottom leg extended and your top leg bent with your foot on the floor in front of the other leg. Then lift the bottom leg for how many ever reps.

That being said, these exercises are going to give your inner thighs strength, but you can't spot reduce - just like you can't crunch your way to a six pack. So if it's inner leg fat you're dealing with, looking at your food is the answer. Good luck!
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    bump
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    bump
  • castadiva
    Options
    Fitnessblender seems like an amazing resource - thank you for pointing me in that direction! Good also to have some leg-lift variants. Thanks all!
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    Squats and lunges are full, compound leg exercises and the most effective. You can also do leg lefts my laying on the floor on your side with your bottom leg extended and your top leg bent with your foot on the floor in front of the other leg. Then lift the bottom leg for how many ever reps.

That being said, these exercises are going to give your inner thighs strength, but you can't spot reduce - just like you can't crunch your way to a six pack. So if it's inner leg fat you're dealing with, looking at your food is the answer. Good luck!

This. All you can really do is reduce overall body fat, you can't spot reduce unfortunately. Do exercises that are good for the overall body such as squats, which will reduce body fat:)
  • castadiva
    Options
    Not so much looking to spot-reduce, which I'm aware is not really possible - just looking for some exercises to tone up that particular area, which has been resisting other efforts which have toned the rest of my legs quite nicely. Spot-toning, unlike spot-reducing, is do-able!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I tried some stuff with a fitness ball last week and my inner thighs were really sore, which is good, right? Lying on back, grasp ball between bent knees. Find some moves that way.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Wall squats are a good exercise. Sit in a "chair" position with your feet flat on the floor and your back pressed against the wall for as long as you can. Rest for a minute, repeat twice.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I support squats and lunges, with weights
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    bump-tastic! thanks!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check out blogilates:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4UlsoQchY

(This workout has the most unfortunate name ever! You should read the blog post on it)
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Check out blogilates:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4UlsoQchY

(This workout has the most unfortunate name ever! You should read the blog post on it)

I LOVE BLOGILATES! There are so many videos you could combine for a workout and never get bored or plateau.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Not so much looking to spot-reduce, which I'm aware is not really possible - just looking for some exercises to tone up that particular area, which has been resisting other efforts which have toned the rest of my legs quite nicely. Spot-toning, unlike spot-reducing, is do-able!

Don't waste your time trying to exercise one muscle. It's going to be tough to tone it up. Do squats and lunges. I'd especially consider Bulgarian split squats b/c they make you use your stability muscles more.