starting over - looking for new friends/motivation

Options
I joined MFP last March. between logging in here, dieting and exercise i lost 65 pounds!
Over the winter I fell off the wagon. hardcore. no more exercise (blamed the weather) no more dieting and lots of excuses.
I gained back 25lbs. I got so depressed. so angry. so upset.

so here i am again - a year later, and I'm back. I'm going to get back on the straight and narrow and do this for real.

It felt SO GOOD to be down to 153lbs (my lowest!) last summer. Size 8 shorts and tank tops! Here i am today, squeezing into size 12 jeans and hating it. :(

has anyone else fallen off the wagon? want to start over with me?

Replies

• MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you want you can add me. I fell off the wagon this past Jan.- March. But am getting back on track.
  • kilkennyka
    kilkennyka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there Laurakrowe & MissingPieces.

I joined MFP today! I have been on and off the food/exerciese wagon for a long time now. I had gone back to my old ways and can feel the weight creeping back on.

So today I joined MFP, put my smokes in the bin, brought a healthy lunch to work and went for a walk this morning. I would like to make some friends here to help support me and I to support them to keep on track!
  • felicity_phillips
    Options
    You can also add me if you want! I've fell off the bandwagon also.
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I fell off this month! My vacation is coming up and I really really want to be under 200 by then. Yes please add me to help each other.
  • MereBear1985
    MereBear1985 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just got back on the wagon a little over a month ago...it's been slow going but I am here and super ready to do this for good. Feel free to add me if you want to :)
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Laura I'm starting over today too.. My name is Lisa I found MFP last July or August and lost about 20 pounds then my birthday came in September, the girls had a party for me at work and I fell off the wagon and just kept rolling down the hill :sad: . I have started over several times on MFP I log on and log my food intake for hmmm breakfast and then something comes up and I don't log anything else. For a few months now I have noticed that my clothes are once again really really tight, I'm having trouble walking, etc. I stepped on the scale this morning and realized that I have gained 40 pounds in the last 2 years - NOT GOOD!!!!!
    Here is a little about me....
    I will be 50 in September - I don't want to be 50, fat and unable to move.
    I moved to Florida 2 yrs ago to marry my high school sweetheart.
    I have 2 sons that are 30 and 26, 1 stepson that is 23 and a set of twin stepdaughters that are 20.
    I have a granddaughter that is 10, a set of twin granddaughters that are 8, and 2 new ones on the way in August and November.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    Lisa
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    I've only been here since December, and I haven't fallen off, but I am on the slow and steady ;) Any of you feel free to add me. :)
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    you can do this! its hard I know!!! feel free to add me :)
  • melaniemoberg
    Options
    Hi there!

This was always me, on the wagon, off the wagon, for YEARS! I completely understand and get it. I recently lost 10 pounds in 60 days (yes, nothing spectacular, but slow and steady through some major events in those 60 days). I have about 6 pounds to go and would love having the support of you guys as well!

The 60-Day challenge I completed was with a Beachbody coach and I was so thrilled with the products and the results I decided to be a coach as well. If you are interested in learning more about a similar challenge let me know and I can send you the details! The challenge involves purchasing a fitness program (Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam), replacing one meal per day with Shakeology (the healthiest and yummiest meal of the day) and recording your progress online with the chance to win prizes!

I'm a busy mom of two and always struggled fitting my workouts in. With the added accountability of a Beachbody challenge I was able to fit them in and actually look forward to them! I would love to help keep you accountable so you can look and feel great for summer!

Please feel free to add me!
    :smile:
    Melanie
  • TheRealAimee
    Options
    I've fallen off the wagon for sure, but I started last week attempting to get back on! Anyone can feel free to add me. :)
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think I missed the wagon completely for awhile, but I'm back too!! And I'm here to stay this time! Feel free to add me!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I honestly did the same thing too and fell off the wagon. I'm glad your starting over again. I hope and wish you the very best in your Healthy Journey!!
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    several times that wagon has thrown me off girl.....we're here for you, and anyone else above... feel free to add me.. :-) good luck to all!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I did the exact thing...lost 32 lbs a while back, then stopped exercising, didn't care what I ate, then put 10 lbs back on! My friend told me about MFP so I checked it out. I am addicted to MFP!! I lost 2 lbs before joining, and lost 11 lbs since joining! So I am below what I was the first time I lost the weight:bigsmile: It's so hard to get back at it once you've stopped...but I refused to be where I was a couple of yrs ago! Feel free to add me!
  • lak68
    lak68 Posts: 12
    Options
    You can add me in, I have fallen off so many times....hoping it sticks. I really need want to be healthy and active.
  • QuietDissidence
    Options
    I've been in your shoes lots of times...more times than I'd like to count. My most recent fall happened over the winter as well. I joined MFP in Feb hoping the app would help me track my efforts on this weight loss journey and make me more accountable. So far it has been a huge help! I still have a ways to go, but things are looking much better than when I first started. I'm a work in progress ; ) Hope to reach a "healthy for me" weight by the end of the year if not sooner.

Feel free to add me =)
  • fitforyou
    fitforyou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You and I are in the same boat. I was doing so well until Spring Break. I took my kids to visit their grandparents and the combination of airplane food, homecooked meals and no place to exercise really put me off schedule. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal....something I really need to change if I want a healthy lifestyle. Add me and let's burn the fat together!!!