Help...

Options
There has been many posts on this topic and I have read pretty much all of them. Please help me figure out me correct daily calorie amount. Most of the posts I see are from smaller people so as a larger person should I eat at or below my BMR to achieve weight loss???

My BMR is 2010, MFP has me at 1710 lightly active. I workout 5-6 days a week and burn about 800 calories a day . According to Fat to fit I should eat at least 2336 as lightly active. My TDEE according to fitness frog is for lightly active is 2833.

Although my goal is set to 2 pounds a week I have only loss 3 for the month of April. I was a little pissed this weekend so I did not log but I have been logging everything.

Any thoughts???

Thanks!

Replies

• TMcMillan
    TMcMillan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Anyone???:wink:
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I've been at this since January and I've lost 32.6... I just do what MFP tells me to. I eat some of my exercise cals back, but not all(because I don't have an HRM so I know they're not accurate).
    I'd like to see what others tell you to do, but I've been doing it MFP style and losing.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    There has been many posts on this topic and I have read pretty much all of them. Please help me figure out me correct daily calorie amount. Most of the posts I see are from smaller people so as a larger person should I eat at or below my BMR to achieve weight loss???

My BMR is 2010, MFP has me at 1710 lightly active. I workout 5-6 days a week and burn about 800 calories a day . According to Fat to fit I should eat at least 2336 as lightly active. My TDEE according to fitness frog is for lightly active is 2833.

Although my goal is set to 2 pounds a week I have only loss 3 for the month of April....

Your goal is set to 2 pounds a week, so MFP is trying to find you a 1000cal/day deficit. So if your TDEE is 2833, eating net calories of 1710 will give you a deficit of 1123. Probably MFP has your TDEE a little lower (around 2710, hence the amount they gave you of 1710 to eat and create the deficit you're looking for).

So, you eat 1710 plus all the calories you burn during exercise. So, if you burn 800/day from exercise, you'll be eating about 2500 calories per day to lose 2 lbs/week.
  • TMcMillan
    TMcMillan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the advice!!