Weight gain because of severe depression

Options
Hello everyone,

I am very happy I found this forum. I gained about 50 lbs over the course of two years due to a crippling depression coupled with a drug/alcohol addiction. I was in college and doing very well when all of a sudden my life kind of spiraled out of control. I had to take a year off from school. Luckily I graduated last year with honors but instead of feeling happy about myself, my self-esteem is at its lowest point. I am getting help bi weekly for my depression and have overcome my substance abuse issues but my weight is really holding me back from being the best, most happy and content person I can be.

I plan on losing 50 lbs over the course of 8-12 months. I am currently on the Master Cleanse (day 3) to detox and clean out my body from toxins and then will take up a healthy lifestyle change that includes raw food/fruits/veggies and using my Juicer often. I want to completely cut out junk food and fast food and limit my carb intake. Overall, I just want to be healthier. I am also going to be exercising 4-5X a week.

Good luck to you all with your weight loss goals.

Replies

• jweymann
    jweymann Posts: 5
    Options
    i hope you really get into working out. its a great way to feel better about your body and also releases endorphins.
    i find it therapudic after a long day at school, to just unwind and go for a run, not thinking anf enjoying nature.
    also, yoga is very peaceful.