MFP is MY "new" FB!

Options
Hi there! I'm not exactly new to MFP, but I am ready to be social... I am in graduate school and since summer break is coming up, I thought about reactivating my FB account. Well, I'm not! I think I need to stay at the "plow" and find new friends on MFP that have the same goals that I have....For real! I'd love to connect with like-minds!

I'm a wife and mom of four (13, 11, 8 and 5). I have lost weight after each child, but after my last the weight stayed the same.... For exercise, I've been losing by doing Zumba on our Wii, working out in the gym, dancing as I fold clothes and such...I have also cut down on my carbs and I eat 6 small meals throughout the day...

Hope to meet you soon! :happy:

9861811.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba on Wii! When I get closer to my goal weight, I am going to join a Zumba class though because it's so much fun.

I just posted on fb today to tell every one that I'm going to be spending most of my net time over here and that they could join me if they want to. This place is full of way more positive vibes than fb ever is for me. It's easier to meet new people too since we all have this fitness thing in common.

Add me if you're looking for new friends!
  • MsAprilNurse
    Options
    I haven't tried Wii Zumba but I go to Zumba classes twice a week and it is super fun. You should find a Zumba class in your area and try it in a group setting. Not only is it fun but it's also hilarious. I really get a kick out of watching people trip over their own feet LOL! If you go to www.zumba.com and type in your zip code it will show you all of the class in your area. I have a facebook page too but lately I have been using it to find weight loss groups instead of socializing with friends. If you decide to reactivate your page, then check out the Fitness Ladies page on fb.
  • TMcMillan
    TMcMillan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I usually workout with Zumba on Kinect but recently I started using Youtube videos. I have been on the journey for the past 6 months however I have not been consistent. So as of the beginning of this month I re-committed myself. Feel free to add me!

Good luck on your journey!!
  • MissLucyDee
    MissLucyDee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have spent wayyy more time on here than fb recently. It's really good fun.
  • Psychlawps3
    Options
    Thanks for the tips... I have taken it at the Y, but my hectic schedule doesn't always coincide with their schedule... With the Wii I can do it at 4AM or 10PM... I may start going now during the day since I'll have a more open schedule... It's nice to meet you!