Help?

Options
Does 570 calories for 3 oz of polish smoked sausage sound right? That seems really high to me, but I'm not sure...

Replies

• kingkm02
    kingkm02 Posts: 23
    Options
    Do you have the package and app on your phone? if so just scan the barcode
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    No :( It was from the BBQ on Saturday. I remember it was HEB Polish sausage though. I looked it up and this is what it came up with. Those calories just seem awful high to me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It really would depend on the sausage and most importantly the fat content? 570 calories would mean that the sausage was about 75% fat, I think. I know polish sausage is usually pretty fatty, but that sounds high to me.
  • kingkm02
    kingkm02 Posts: 23
    Options
    next time you are at the store look at the packaging and see what it says, sorry i can't help more
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I will, thank y'all! :flowerforyou:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    No :( It was from the BBQ on Saturday. I remember it was HEB Polish sausage though. I looked it up and this is what it came up with. Those calories just seem awful high to me.
    I searched for "heb polish sausage" in the database and didn't get that number. Maybe try again?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sounds high to me. I often use Hillshire Farms Polish Sausage and it is like 250 for 3 ounces. That said, I notice someone else mentioned the fat content which may be very different between the one I use and the one you had. Also the Hillshire farm is somewhat skinny so that might have something to do with it...
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Sounds high to me. I often use Hillshire Farms Polish Sausage and it is like 250 for 3 ounces. That said, I notice someone else mentioned the fat content which may be very different between the one I use and the one you had. Also the Hillshire farm is somewhat skinny so that might have something to do with it...
    Skinny sausage? That's always shame.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    You can go on line and put it nutrional value of what ever the name of something is and it will come up(well it should anyway) thats how I look things up
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    sounds pretty right to me. GIve or take 100 cals. Sausage, although tastey, is very high in fat
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    That's Hebrew National, not HEB. HEB is a grocery store chain.
  • MrsRatz
    MrsRatz Posts: 5
    Options
    That seems high, here on MFP I found 'Hill Country Fare (Heb Brand) - Polish Smoked Sausage' and three ounces is 285 calories. I think this is what you're saying you ate.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Fully Cooked - Sausage, Cheddar, and Jalapeno Kolaches (Heb)
    Serving Size: 1 kolache (57 g), Calories: 170, Fat: 9g, Carbs: 16g, Protein: 6g

this is what i found by googling it.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Fully Cooked - Sausage, Cheddar, and Jalapeno Kolaches (Heb)
    Serving Size: 1 kolache (57 g), Calories: 170, Fat: 9g, Carbs: 16g, Protein: 6g

this is what i found by googling it.
    A kolache is a sausage-filled pastry.