Mom of 2 with 3rd baby born in November. Oh and I'm 41. GAH

Options
mamsa
mamsa Posts: 12 Member
So for my 40th Birthday Party last year, I was convinced this was going to be my breakaway year. My kids were 8 and 5 and I was set to get all the baby/little people stages out of the way. Yes they still needed me but in a much more intellectual less physically demanding way and I could even probably now get to the gym more often. WOOHOO! So I partied like it was 1999 aaannnnddd SURPRISE baby #3 came from it. I definitely had pre-partum depression as I was not ready to do it all over again (had gotten rid of everything). Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love babies but I was past that stage and could happily love them from afar.

My 40s love child was born in November. And well, he's just the best. So I've stopped freaking out about the whole age/baby/whatthehellamIgoingtodonow conundrum and have embraced his total cute sweetness. I recognize for some it's hard to conceive and me whining about accidentally conceiving is just awful, but I'm being honest.

So yes, 41, awesome 9 & 6 year old, a husband who is just an amazing dad and husband but works way too much and does a fair bit of traveling and a brand new chubster cutie who I am nursing. I'm also working but from home and part time. So this time I'm not waiting until he's 5 to have my breakaway year. Yes it's not as easy but no one is shooting at me and it can be done right?

So that's me. I just want to get down to a proper weight and feel good. I've never been that athletic but want my kids to be. They already never ask me to play because they know I'll just flop around and stop within 10 minutes. And I definitely want my husband to admire our entire family because we make good healthy choices by eating right, exercising and not making excuses.

My biggest challenge will be to stay awake long enough to do this.

Oh and I plan to party like it's 1999 until I'm 99.

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    :)
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm a product of "Woo hoo" birthday too :) Let me tell you - We keep our Momma's young. You'd never guess my mom was in her 70's by looking at her ;)

Good for you Lady!!! :)
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My went through a bout of post part-em with our 2nd, and it didn't help that he got very ill during his 1st year and I was away during the week. If you want some support feel free to add me.
  • Shmemily001
    Shmemily001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude. :D
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    you have a great attitude! This is your year, do it up! :)
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and have a 2 year old as well as a 5 year old... I work full time, as does my husband and he travels constantly... always looking for others in the same proverbial boat... send a friend request if you are interested....
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ;) You can do it!! I am getting ready to be a 42 yr old mom of three--1yr old, 4 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old. Sometimes it takes alot of creativity to get us moving and shaking...we have a lot of dance parties! I can relate to never feeling like I was athletic--but wanting my children to see themselves as fit! We are working on that everyday. And I have decided..that there is an athlete in everyone!!! This site as been very helpful to me--great job already--by starting!! :) Add me if you are looking for support and encouragement! It def is a different game when you have little ones at home! :)
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling well. I have four kids: 31, 29, 27 and 14. I had my last child when I was 42. I figured he'd eaither age me quickly or keep me young!
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh man...I cringe at the idea of going through the whole thing again. I totally get that feeling. LOL I'm going to be 40 later this year, and I have a 7 year old and 2 year old. Now I'm afraid to say I'm done, for fear that I'll jinx myself. ;)

Welcome to MFP!
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow! Until I read some of these posts, I felt like the only one have a baby at 40. He's 3 now, but a handful. Congratulations on your latest. And welcome to MFP.
  • Pseattlegirl
    Options
    Hiya!
    I am 40 with a 9 and 6 year old...no baby (although I sometimes wish I did....SOMETIMES) Welcome to MFP....there is a cool 40 year old group out there! We're here for ya!

Janet
  • breakthecycle
    breakthecycle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE your attitude!! Enjoy every minute!!!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just turned 38, my kids are a bit younger than yours - 5 1/2 and 2 1/2, but call me crazy, I am not yet ready to close the door on baby #3. :ohwell:

I'm now almost at the weight I was when I got pg with my first son, and I really do want this year to be my year. Pregnancy would kind of put everything on hold, though. Good for you for going for it now - there's no need to wait till they're 5 to go at it!! Feel free to add me if you want!!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good for you :) I'm 40 and a 8 almost 9 yr. old and a 14 almost 15.. I could never imagine starting over.. LOVE your attitude
  • CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! My mom turned 40, two weeks after I was born!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :drinker:

I'm a mom of 5 who decided that enough was enough and put myself on a mission: fit and fabulous by 40 (this fall)... :glasses: Believe me: you can do it!! I love your attitude!:flowerforyou:
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    What a lucky, lucky lady you are. This baby will be a blessing, and will keep you young. I always wanted 3, and it would have been great for all of us.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I had almost the same thing happen to me at age 38. I have 9 and 7 year olds and was enjoying this stage so much. Love them when they're babies but it can be so hard! So then #3 comes along just after we had sold all our baby equipment and gotten rid of everything. Needless to say, he's a blessing and we love him dearly...but it was hard at first when I learned I was pregnant. He's 16 months old now and I'm 39 now working towards being in the best shape I have been since my first was born 10 years ago. We can do it!!! ;-)