At Home Workouts (Strength Training)

What is your favorite at-home strength training workout? I am currently finishing up Chalean Extreme and am looking for some ideas on a new strength training "adventure". Thank you for sharing! :0)

Replies

• crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    I finished P90X and now focused on more strength. I started this - 3rd week so far:
    Jim Stoppani's 12-Week Shortcut To Size
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Jari Love is a favorite of mine, I have all her DVD's and rotate em in my collection of other's too.......
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Check out Bodyrock.tv
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Body pump (les mills)! excellent workout!
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Can strength training videos work as well as weight lifing? After seeing the results of the weight lifters on this sight I would love to try it. Unfortunately, I cannot get to a gym and only have a pair of 10 lbs weights at home and no room for exercise equipment. Have you seen the same results from doing streight training vides at home and do you have to purchase alot of equipment?
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    I just started doing bodyweight exercises from the book "You are your own gym" It's pretty intense so far (much more so than I expected!)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    I reached a point where it was not safe/convenient for me to strength train at home....Now it has to be in a gym. This was in high school
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    I bought a Total Gym XL for my home workouts...and the DVD's that came with it are awesome.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    heavy, compound lifts... Starting Strength, StrongLifts, etc.

Chance are if it's on a DVD, it's not for me.

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    How did you like CLX, did you see any results?
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    I love BODYROCK!!!!!
  • Just stated Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (Each level is 20-25 minutes) . A great combination of cardio/abs/weights. There are 3 levels so you can work your way up. She also has a video out (a bit older) called No more trouble Zones (about 45 minutes) but again a great combination of all things. I mix this with my Tae Bo workouts that I have been doing for about 10 years. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • PandaHerber
    PandaHerber Posts: 43 Member
    I agree with the bodyrock.tv - they kick your booty. Also HIIT can be done at home.
    Combine things like burpees, bicep curls, mountain climbers, plank pushups, side planks, squat jumps, squat with knee raises, and other strength things at home. Do for 20-30 seconds each with 10 seconds rest between before you start the next item. And repeat the circuit 6-8 times. I did some of this at a boot camp session and just brought the theory home after I was done with the class. I add in a couple miles running and my 60-90 min workouts are huge calorie burners. And I'm mega sore the next day.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/main.html

I am planning on using this sight after CLX.
  • Thank you!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I am starting jullian michaels 30 day shred tomorrow, I will see if it is as good as everyone says.
  • srcantgiveup
    srcantgiveup Posts: 39 Member
    I really like my Total Gym.
    I have started it this year and am replacing all of my other free weight equipment.
    With the Total Gym you really can get in a whole body workout in the fraction of the time
    it takes with changing the free weights all the time.
    I highly recommend one for a great strength training workout with tons of exercises on one machine!!
    We have a TG group with great support if you are interested in being part of it we would love to have you join us.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    As much as I love bodyrock, it's not true strength training. I am venturing into strength training, and I am planning to get either starting strength or stronglift 5x5 to read and learn about strength training.

ETA: Bodyrock is interval training that consists of full body exercises and plyometrics with weights. Sure they do squats, but not in the way that strength training does.
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 125 Member
  • chilliwi
    chilliwi Posts: 2
    I love BodyPump! I've only done it at the gym--I didn't know you could get DVDs. Where do you get them? Thanks!