Hello, I refuse to buy new clothes

Options
Im 31 yrs old just had a baby 6 months ago, and i work in an office. i am the heavest i have everbeen and im sick and tired of it. looking for ppl to relate to and be motivated by. Dont leave me hanging. My husband is very supportive when it comes to me trying to be healthier. i just need someone else to do this with.

Replies

• gemini0689
    Options
    hi, im 23 my daughter just turned one and i havent shed the 50+ lbs i gained carrying her!!! Im sick of looking at my pre baby clothes and feeling fat, tired of shopping and getting depressed because i have to buy xl clothes. Im ready to commit to change and hopefully we can inspire eachother. I just need someone to give me that extra push when i dont feel like working out or when i feel the need to eat something KNOWING im not really hungry but just bored!!

I know we can help eachother! :happy:
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to mfp. I joined in Jan as i was fed up with feeling bad about the way i looked and haven't looked back. Id love to help support u on your weight loss journey and as a busy mum of three know how hard it can be. Ill send you a friend add. Good luck.:smile:
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had hormone problem and gained 7 kg in 3 months, now it takes a lot of effort to return in shape. But hey Buy new clothes! Like dresses with tulip skirt and belts on waist you can wear when you slim down or A-shape dresses which are in fashion or long beach type dresses which highlight breast and don't sit tight Love yourself, you are still same you-beautful and with your own qualities which make your relatives and close people love you
  • JessicaLauren209
    JessicaLauren209 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiii! I'm right there with you...except I had my baby SIX years ago!! I suppose using the "I'm still trying to lose my baby fat" isn't a legitimate excuse anymore for me! I weigh more now than when I checked into the hospital to deliver at 39 weeks! Pretty pathetic right!?? I have a neighboring friend that works at the clinic next to me that always walks by my office, and he gives me great motivation. I had a serious talk about health last night with my daughter...I don't want her to be like me...and we are going to start MOVING more and eating better! It scares me that she already knows what "FAT" is...even tho she's not. But for her to even know that body image lit the light bulb above my head.

I hope I can look to some of the ppl on here for motivation, strength and courage. We are all in the same "fat" boat afterall right!?

If you need someone else to do this with, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm here...treading water. :)

Happy weight loss and health. :)
  • Evonnelivar
    Options
    Lets Do This!!
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll be so glad you're doing this now. I am just now down to the weight I was before having my second son 11 years ago. I tried a million times in the last 11 years to do it, but MFP has been key having lost 28 pounds since joining in February. Please feel free to add me, I'll send you a request, and good luck!
  • TakaraO
    TakaraO Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Glad to find others like myself. I am a proud mother of three boys and the youngest is 8 months old. I STILL have 25 pounds to lose. I also work in a very professional office environment and am in need of now work attire but I REFUSE to buy new clothes and am determined to fit into my old ones! I could really use the support as the people around my do not believe in being healthy or exercising. However, I am quite the opposite I just need the motivation to get going. It is hard to do being a single mother of three boys all 5 years apart in age.
  • rinaliz
    rinaliz Posts: 8
    Options
    You can do this! You gotta be healthy and strong for yourself and your baby!
    The food diary really does help. Exercise will help keep you toned up.
    :smile:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Just a smart-a** warning, when you lose your weight you are gonna need new clothes.
  • rinaliz
    rinaliz Posts: 8
    Options
    I know what you mean. I eat when I get bored and when I get stressed.
    I am trying to do better with the emotional eating!:sad:
  • Evonnelivar
    Options
    @ runfatmanrun When it comes to buying smaller clothes i dont mind. lol
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are. I had my son 4 months ago. I need more clothes but won't buy anymore till I slim down and loose some of this baby fat. My husband is supportive as well but I work out and eat healthy all by my self. It's hard to work out when taking care of your baby. Feel free to add me if you like and we can motivated each other. :)
  • starscollidexo
    Options
    i refuse to buy new clothes until i'm done losing weight and i've hit my ultimate final goal weight!