That was then and this is now!

Options
Hello,

I began my weight loss journey or "lifestyle change" on January 10th, 2012. Since then, I have lost 52lbs by tracking my eating and exercising on a regular basis. A "regular basis" includes six days a week either, walking, running (okay, so it's more like slogging), biking, hiking, yoga and strength training. I wouldn't be here without the ongoing support of my family and friends, especially my sister who has dropped 37lbs!

It all started with a 30 Day Shred video and now I am training for a marathon. A FREAKING marathon and I'm actually EXCITED about it! No, really!

I feel good. I'm starting to notice a difference in my clothing and more importantly, my self-confidence. I have attached two pictures of "before" and "now". I am by no means finished and I'm not stopping or letting anything get in my way until I reach and maintain my goals.

My before picture (the one where I'm looking really pumped about receiving the Farmer's Almanac) was taken in December 2011, I estimate my weight at about 290lbs.

My now photo (the one with my squinty eyes and comedian son) was taken on April 28th, 2012. My current weight is 233lbs.

I'm still me just a healthier and happier version! I am always looking for motivated and supportive friends, please feel free to send a friend request.

Thank you for your time.

Kelly (not Charlotte and only occassionally a Harlot ;)

vzix6g.jpg
vzix6g.jpg

Replies

• CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    ANNNND, of course I flubbed up with the pictures. Let's try this again, my apologies.
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    Before:

ny6ybk.jpg
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    What a great transformation!!! 52lbs is no mean feat - you look fabulous!!!
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    Awesome loss! Your hard work is paying off! Keep it up!
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! Yes, I was confused at first. I thought you had taken two different photos in the same outfit, but then scrolled down a bit more.

Really really proud of you!
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    After:

30a8hgp.jpg
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    u look lovely !!!! well done!!!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look AMAZING!
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!! Awesome job!!
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words and support. I'll hold them close whenever I'm feeling bummed or tempted. xo
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look beautiful!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I can say is You Are Beautiful!!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job! And I love your hair in the after photo!
  • littlecompton
    Options
    I've been off the MFP wagon for a long while and just decided to start tracking again today. I was meant to see your story & photos. Because I have a lot to lose, I tend to get discouraged but seeing how well you have done is a great reminder to just do it! I've seen 30 day shred mentioned here but not sure what it is - I admit I've been intimidated by the title! Sounds like an intense work out. Did you find it hard to do at your top weight? How much time per day do you exercise? What is your calorie goal per day?

Hope you don't mind the questions. Keep up the great work and terrific attitude!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    I've been off the MFP wagon for a long while and just decided to start tracking again today. I was meant to see your story & photos. Because I have a lot to lose, I tend to get discouraged but seeing how well you have done is a great reminder to just do it! I've seen 30 day shred mentioned here but not sure what it is - I admit I've been intimidated by the title! Sounds like an intense work out. Did you find it hard to do at your top weight? How much time per day do you exercise? What is your calorie goal per day?

Hope you don't mind the questions. Keep up the great work and terrific attitude!
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    This is for Little Compton,

When I first started out I was at almost 1600 calories a day (1570, to be exact) and now I'm at 1340 calories. To be honest, at first, I exercised just so I could "eat back" my burned calories! I still do this if I have a special meal out planned but I exercise on a daily basis because it FEELS SO GOOD! I typically eat back the majority of my "earned" calories from exercise, this seems to work for me!

Don't be frightened of the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, There are three different levels with two levels of intensity each; start at Level 1 with the modified intensity and go from there. I didn't think that I could ever get past Level One but now I find Level Three kinda boring but still a great workout. One day one, I was rolling around on the floor, sweating, drooling and gasping for air but if I could throw my 290lb body around so can you!

I also drink plenty of water and try to eat as balanced and fresh as possible. I still have hangry (hungry+angry=hangry) days but they seem to be fewer and fewer as my body adjusts to my new routines.

Exercise is key! Don't focus solely on the cardio, add weights, build muscle, be strong! Start off slow, just start moving your body; go for a walk, this is how I began.

I don't mind answering any questions that you may have. Welcome to your new life. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will do my best to support you and kick you in the butt when required.

Kelly
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    You look great in your dress. I really like the dress too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!