New and not feeling motivated!

Options
mbeltz
mbeltz Posts: 10 Member
I'm new at this...I have kickboxing at 6:30. Not feeling very motivated but I know that I need to get healthy! Plus I have the Warrior Dash coming up in June. Why can't I get in the right mind set?

Replies

• dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    It takes time. I have been at this since July I think I was 260+ days last week? I have those days (like today. lol) where I just feel all around crappy. But most of the time if I psysche myself up to workout I ALWAYS feel better afterward. Just take it a day at a time. Remember we all didn't gain weight overnight, so it takes time to be where we want to be. I am happy with how far I have come and wouldn't want to go back.

You can do this! Slow and steady! :)

Feel free to add me if you would like. I try to support as much as I can.

Dana
  • Fairybow
    Fairybow Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm new at this...I have kickboxing at 6:30. Not feeling very motivated but I know that I need to get healthy! Plus I have the Warrior Dash coming up in June. Why can't I get in the right mind set?

You will get used to it! :) You have to push yourself a little bit, even if you don't really want to. Try to think about the reasons why you do this and the goals you want to achieve. You can award yourself for every step in the right direction, so you can stay motivated, for example "If I go running for 30 minutes, I allow myself to go to the cinema" etc. :)
  • considermac
    Options
    I understand, I get that way sometimes. I keep thinking of my goals. I have a great support group with friends at home and friends on MFP. Use those resources. I think of the way I feel after I do my exercises. 99% of the time I feel great! I feel good emotionally, physically and I am closer to my goals.

When I feel unmotivated, I turn to my support structure. We are here to help and many of us have been there. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I am on nearly everyday.

Now, hit that bag at 6:30! After kickboxing think about the Warrior Dash.

You can do!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I need more motivation. I need more motivation and more work on eating healthy. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • kaceeray
    kaceeray Posts: 2
    Options
    Ill go to my ZUMBA if you go to kickboxing:)
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i sent you a friend request :) having friends here has made me way more motivated!! im doing a warrior dash in june too!
  • mewdds
    mewdds Posts: 22
    Options
    You CAN do this!!! Mondays it's hard to find the MOJO, but once you finish kickboxing, you are going to be so glad you did it!!!!!!
  • mbeltz
    Options
    Thanks girls for your support! It means a lot to me!
  • LinzCurlyQ
    LinzCurlyQ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Time of day could be a big drag too! I know I cannot work out in the mornings (granted I have to be at work at 7, so my work out would be at 5 AM), so I go in the evening right after work. I started out small with 30 minute sessions, and now I strength train with a partner which helps keep me motivated.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Just do it anyways whether you're motivated or not. :wink:
  • ryanpayne4
    ryanpayne4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    stick with it until you see some results. Then that'll be all the motivation you need.
  • AuntySugar
    Options
    I am fairly new to this to. I have much to lose and feel unmotivated most days but I have to kick into gear cuz I will be attending a skinny by summer party and have to look and feel as good as the rest of the gang. I have been giving myself little incentives to try to get out and exercise. After work I have been playing street hockey with my four boys and end result is having fun and spending time with the family.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    dig deep and if that doesn't work-dig deeper!
  • KDfor3
    KDfor3 Posts: 19
    Options
    You'll feel much better after having done it. It helps me if I think about what I would be wasting my time doing if I didnt go (which for me is usually just watching tv or something like that).
  • mbeltz
    Options
    kaceeray....Its on!!! I'll check back later to see if you went!