Need some support!

Options
I'm trying to get rid of some weight I gained in college, about 20 pounds. I absolutely HATE working out and I LOVE eating?! I'm starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred today and I really want to stick with it. Starting weigh 130 pounds, height 5'3. Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• TheMadameMorris
    TheMadameMorris Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just reserved that from the library! I have quite a bit more than you to lose, but am still going to give it a try! Good luck :)
  • Rachspo
    Rachspo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I am 27 years old and 4ft 10. I started at 131lb, trying to get down to 110 - 118. Whatever is healthy.

I finally made it to 125 yesterday. It's really difficult, but let me tell you... the time spent working out WILL make you happy. The endorphins, and the healthy fit look you will have. It beams confidence and will make others inspired as well.

Personally I'd love to follow you and motivate each other especially because we are both short girls. I am addicted to fitspo on the internet, but most of those girls are taller.

Also do you have any kids? treasure your body before (if ever) you have kids because after it gets so much harder... not to mention what happens to your skin. Never a better time to get in your best shape than NOW.

Hope that helps! I'm going to add you to my friends if you don't mind =)
  • amylynotto
    Options
    Thanks for the reply!

I have never heard of fitspo but I'll have to check it out. I've tried Zumba for Wii but find it not high enough intensity to burn enough calories for me. Also trying to find something that can be fun, maybe Turbo Fire?

I don't have any kids (yet!)

I'm also a new vegan so sometimes I'm guilty of eating popcorn for dinner instead of a balanced meal lol
  • Rachspo
    Rachspo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Zumba burns 500 calories an hour, definitely good for burning calories. I don't always feel like I got super strength training out of it, but it burns a TON of calories, keeps me flexible, and tones.

I haven't really gotten into things like you are into... I tried P90X but I didn't really like it too much. Not as fun as Zumba or listening to my own stuff on my android while weight training. The results would be worth it though!

Do you have on demand on your tv? I work for comcast, there's a ton of ondemand work outs. Also there's this thing going around on the internet full of work outs:
    http://tosee-her-abs.tumblr.com/post/20991054017/girlgrowingsmall-get-vs-angels-workouts-here
  • ArolinaCay
    ArolinaCay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred is great! I am in the process of doing it too! The more you track your calories the less you love food because you see how quickly it adds up, haha. Also try finding some kind of exercise that you really LOVE and just stick to it. For me it is running, I love running. There are lots of things that are fun to do that really burn the calories, jumping rope, riding a bike, elliptical, playing sports, swimming, dancing .. the possibilities are endless! (: You CAN do it!