The Color Run!

Options
Im doing it! Has anyone else done this 5 k? I was thinking I dont really want to run with glasses on. Did anyone run it with out glasses and did ok?

Replies

• thorn777
    thorn777 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im doing this in July and very excited!!! I'm wearing contacts i can see how glasses will be a problem however there will be lots of people there so you should be able to just follow the crowd!
  • dreamzingreen
    dreamzingreen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    no i dont need glasses im saying needing glasses cause of the paint to protect
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    OK first: HAHAHAHA because of the miscommunication. lol

And from the color run FAQs:

How is the color administered? Will I be hurt, maimed, or killed?
    Ha ha ha! we love this one. No, it doesn’t hurt at all. It is like getting into a powdered sugar food fight.

You are sure??? Teenagers with paint ball guns are not involved at any point?
    Yes. We are 100% sure.

Will the Color ruin clothes or running shoes?
    The “color” does mostly wash out after the event. As with anything dirty, the sooner you wash it the better. We suggest wearing items that you wouldn’t mind getting colorful. If you would like to preserve the color in your running shirt, spray it with vinegar and iron it before you wash it. For FULL color cleaning ideas and tips, check THIS LINK out! (NO LINK)
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    I want to do this so bad! It looks awesome!! But hubby says "I'm going to get sick from breathing in all the colored dust" he's a total buzzkill at times haha!! can't find anyone in my area that wants to do it with me! wth who doesn't love color!!

I'd do the glasses, big sunglasses would work well, and I saw a lot of people in the vids with bandanas over their mouths to protect from breathing it in. Congrats on signing up for it! You'll have to let us all know how it went!
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    or you can always just do what the people in the vids do, put your head down as you go thru the colors! :)
  • dreamzingreen
    dreamzingreen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well who ever does it post pics :)
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this in June (here in Tulsa!). Looks like a lot of fun!
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am doing the one in KC on June 30. I am SUPER excited! I am going to walk it because I am not to the running point yet. I plan to wear sunglasses to keep the color out of my eyes. I walked my first 5k distance yesterday. It's going to be great!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    This looks super fun! I hope to do one of these next year!
  • lat3ralus65
    lat3ralus65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My GF and I started C25K a couple weeks ago and we are planning on running in this.