Staying on Track When You Are Sick

Options
I need help staying on track right now, I have the shingles. Any recomondations.

Replies

• janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So far, I've had to just keep up with calories when I was sick and couldn't exercise. I didn't lose any, but I didn't gain either, so not too bad. Good luck! Shingles are awful!
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Count your calories and drink your water. If you think you are up to a light workout do it (since Shingles hurt like crazy) but if you just need to let your body heal then stay down for a few days. Make sure you aren't contagious though before venturing out to the public gym to workout. No one else wants what you have.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Never had the shingles, but when I'm sick, I don't really exercise, but I try to stay within my calorie goals. I still lost weight this way. When I started feeling better I went for walks and then when I was 99%, I started running again.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I was about to ask the same question. I have a sinus infection and I'm told to get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids. But I have an extremely hard time staying under my 1200 calories without exercising and I'm guessing exercising going against my "plenty of rest". So I may just be stuck until I get better... :(
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Never had the shingles, but when I'm sick, I don't really exercise, but I try to stay within my calorie goals. I still lost weight this way. When I started feeling better I went for walks and then when I was 99%, I started running again.

^^^ This is what I do... ^^^

Feel better soon...

: ))
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've had shingles and know how bad they hurt so I doubt you even feel like moving. I would say just make sure to watch your calories and drink your water. Resting is important if you try to much you'll be down even longer, rest and get your strength back.
  • gem057
    gem057 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am needing a bit of motivation too, as I broke my wrist at the weekend, feeling ok but the pain meds made me feel awful so stopping them.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    All sounds like good advice to me! I was sick for several weeks, this past winter. I wasn't able to workout and every day I kept thinking surely I would be better tomorrow. Days turned into weeks and I wasn't working out at all. Lesson learned was that I should have been walking while I was waiting to get well enough to return to my regular workouts. Some days, you just can't do it, but if you can get out for a walk - even just a short one, you will be better off in the long run. Get well soon! :)
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am normally not hungry when I am sick so just eat when hungry and when you are feeling better go back to your work out schedule.