Weighing in.... with a broken ankle.

Options
I had massive ankle surgery two weeks ago. I know I have lost weight ( I have stopped snacking completely, not eating at night, etc ) It is OBVIOUS that I have lost a significant amount of weight. I look thinner, my clothes are looser, etc etc, etc.

I have hopped on the scale, and balanced there, lopsided, putting as much weight on the injured foot as I can ( after taking off the removable cast ).

The number has been around the same for the last week - can I trust this as a semi accurate number?

Who wants to go weigh in, balanced on 1 foot for me??? Tell me if the number you get is any indication of your real weight.

( This is my biggest fear. I gained THIRTY POUNDS last time! )

Replies

• Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I just stood on middle of the scale, balanced on one foot and the reading was pretty accurate, I'd say. I hope you're not in too much pain and you heal quickly. :)
  • spekkio12345
    spekkio12345 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My scale reads the same whether I stand on one foot or two, I guess it depends on your scale but it should be pretty close, you can always use the scale in the doctors office to confirm your weight.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I just stood on middle of the scale, balanced on one foot and the reading was pretty accurate, I'd say. I hope you're not in too much pain and you heal quickly. :)

I am okay now. I had quite the scare with insane pain that the doctor thought was necrotizing faciitis, but it turned out to be a reaction to the nerve block. I am definitely on the road to healing.... I'm just halfway through 8 weeks of zero weight bearing. I HATE the couch!
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I had a massive break about 2yrs ago, When i weighed with a cast on it was roughly correct......like weighing fully clothed.

I do hope you recover soon, I still get trouble with mine, I have to be very careful with high impact :flowerforyou:
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options

I am okay now. I had quite the scare with insane pain that the doctor thought was necrotizing faciitis, but it turned out to be a reaction to the nerve block. I am definitely on the road to healing.... I'm just halfway through 8 weeks of zero weight bearing. I HATE the couch!

Yikes! I bet you do! Just think about how motivated you'll be when you're able to put weight on it again.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Totally! Sadly, this is my second major surgery in six months on this ankle. I'm DYING to work out LOL.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My cheap little sunbeam dial scale can be different by up to 5 lbs. Nice digital scale, as long as I'm balanced in the middle of it, is within 1-2 lbs.

I hope you recover soon, and well!