Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

needing someone to lean on! :D

hello! i'm not all that new to MFP, but just started using it seriously this past tuesday. i have a few friends that got me into it, but the no longer use it! so i'm looking for support friends that are in the same boat as me!
i am a 29 year old wife and mother of 3 handsome boys ages 8, 4 and 1.5. im 5'7" and i have been between 130 lbs and 150 lbs for most of my life. but my last pregnancy really did me in. i put on so much weight. i tipped the scales at 218 on delivery day. after he was born i quickly lost 30 lbs but i have since slowly climbed back up to 204. do im looking to lose about 50-60 lbs. so far im down 3! woohoo!
anyway, thats a little about me, if you need support as well, lets be MFP friends!! thanks! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Hello I would love to be friends!! My name is April. I am a wife and have 5 kids, 4 girls and 1 boy. I am 29 and weigh 185 and need to get to 140-150. I am 5'5" Add me if you want :)
  • JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member
    Hi, im currently in my first week of MFP and I'm starting out at 211, hoping to drop at least 70lbs.

Feel free to add me, im an active user, I log in numerous times a day because I'm a) addicted to my phone and I have the app and b) it keeps me on track :)
  • My cousin recently suggested this site to me and when I signed up, I realized I had visited the site in 2009, and here, three years later, I'm back! This tells me I've not done very well on my own. I would enjoy accompanying others on the weight-loss journey and because it's a journey with many ups & downs, it's nice to know it's a road well travelled, that we're not doing this alone. So, feel free to add me too. I know we can do it! :smile:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    I am on here several times a day, every day. I love this site. I am down 98 lbs. but have another 56 lbs. to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Im in the same boat. my daughter is 1 and i havent dropped the 50+ lbs i gained carrying her!! add me!!! and anyone else in my situation or in need of motivation add me!!!!
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    I am an active user and am always looking for new friends to support and hope for encouragement in return. Friends due tend to drop off after a while, but I would love to cheer you on!

3 lbs is a great start!
  • Kat51313
    Kat51313 Posts: 18
    you guys are who I've been looking for!

I'm not always on the site, but check in on my phone app several times per day, and I'm really looking for people to keep me on the straight and narrow, rather than take a detour down ice-cream-and-doughnut alley.

I'm 34 and found myself tipping the scales at about 204 after having my son in 2009. Three weeks later it tipped a little further and I hit my all-time heaviest of 218 after a full pan of homemade fudge my hormones talked me into. I managed to pull myself together and slide back down to 199 (and I was SO proud to get below 200!) a week before finding out I was pregnant with my daughter.

Anyone who can commiserate, feel free to add me, and I'll be sending out a few requests myself!