Does exercise help the post pregnancy skin?

Options
I have always tended to carry a little extra fat on my belly even at my smallest post pregnancies but I am seeing the more fat I lose around my tummy the more excess skin I have and today while doing plank type exercises I can see the skin hang and obviously not liking it at all.....

Will it get worse or better the more fat I lose around my tummy and the more I exercise. I'm not sure whether skin can ever go back??

xx

Replies

• BellaT81
    BellaT81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Skin will go back to an extent. It does depend (excuse the bluntness) on how far and for how long it has been stretched. Exercise definitely helps, and so does a slow controlled weight loss. The faster you lose weight, the less likely your skin to shrink back, as it has no time to adjust.

Bella
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am 3 months postpartum and 10 days in the 30 day shred. I had some loose skin under my belly and realized a few days ago that it is almost completely gone! I have been doing the 30DS, a little cardio on some days and I use skin firming lotion whenever I remember to (every other day probably). I was so worried about the excess skin, but it can go away!
  • queenbeejulie
    queenbeejulie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been hoping the answer to this is yes... I had 3 babies in 6 years and although I am skinny, my belly sags down about 2 inches when I go into a plank position, lol. Want it to go away so badly!! It's been almost 3 years since my last baby...
  • Fitmomtink
    Fitmomtink Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will try out 30DS