Need lunch suggestions!

Options
2»

Replies

• j_desmet
    j_desmet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also make my own version of Qdoba Naked Burrito: brown rice/quinoa, diced up chicken breast, black beans, a little cilantro, squeeze of lime, light sour cream and salsa! DELICIOUS!!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I also make my own version of Qdoba Naked Burrito: brown rice/quinoa, diced up chicken breast, black beans, a little cilantro, squeeze of lime, light sour cream and salsa! DELICIOUS!!

I just might try this... sounds DELISH!
  • j_desmet
    j_desmet Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I just might try this... sounds DELISH!

It is!!!! it's so good and doesn't make me feel like i'm "missing out" on the "good foods"... GOOD LUCK! Let me know if you try it!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I make my own soup so I can control the sodium. I store it in 1 cup containers in the fridge and freezer. It's easy to freeze in ziploc freezer bags, that way they lay flat in your freezer and you can stack them. Then I move them to the fridge to thaw.

Most of the time I make a soup for our dinner and then freeze the leftover for lunches. My husband doesn't mind leftovers but not the same week that we had it as dinner. So I learned to freeze it.

Another thing I love is sort of a Chipotle bowl.... a black beans, corn, tomatoes, red peppers, onions, etc. cooked with cumin, green salsa, cilantro over some rice or a salad. I just don't make it as big as they do! The black bean mixture will keep in the fridge too. Another dinner that gives me one or two lunches out of. Sometimes I add shredded chicken or pork.
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    bump
  • sheschemes
    Options
    What I do is prep a lot of different ingredients on the weekends when I have time, then it takes almost no time in the morning when I'm inevitably running late and rushing out the door. In my fridge right now, for example, I have containers with baked chicken breast, several kinds of steamed vegetables, cut fresh fruit, and a variety of condiments and things just for flavor (like onions and garlic).

Since everything is already cooked and basically needs reheating, when I pack my lunch, I can have something totally different each day with the same ingredients depending on my mood. One day, I might toss a few ounces of chicken and some vegetables in a pan with some peppers and soy sauce and make a quick stir fry. The next day, I might take a burrito made with chicken, sour cream, avocado, and tomatoes. I can quickly throw a serving of fruit in a container for a snack. It basically makes it easier to pack the food than it would be to go out, walk to a restaurant or fast food joint, stand in line, wait...you get the idea.

This is a great way to go. It helps even if you're just throwing together a salad in the morning. I've found that don't have ingredients ready then I am more likely to eat out, or eat poorly. Even packing up leftovers from dinner in lunch sized portions helps!
  • KatrinaGrace1
    KatrinaGrace1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to lunch meal that's about 400 calories, really simple (seems plain) but it's so good!

Turkey Sandwich:
    Thomas Everything Thin Bagel (110 calories)
    1 TBSP Kraft Garlic and Herb Mayo (40 calories)
    Oscar Meyer Oven Roasted Turkey 9 slices (68 calories)
    Kraft Monterey Jack Cheese 1 slice (80 calories)
    (I like to heat up the sandwich in the microwave before eating it, melt the cheese! :wink:)

with Sabra Extremely Spicy Hummus (70 calories) and red bell peppers or carrots
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to lunch meal that's about 400 calories, really simple (seems plain) but it's so good!

Turkey Sandwich:
    Thomas Everything Thin Bagel (110 calories)
    1 TBSP Kraft Garlic and Herb Mayo (40 calories)
    Oscar Meyer Oven Roasted Turkey 9 slices (68 calories)
    Kraft Monterey Jack Cheese 1 slice (80 calories)
    (I like to heat up the sandwich in the microwave before eating it, melt the cheese! :wink:)

with Sabra Extremely Spicy Hummus (70 calories) and red bell peppers or carrots

This sounds really good! Will be on my menu. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!