NSV/Heavy Lifting/1700 calorie Victories!

Options
MFP has without a doubt changed my life. This is my first post ever, but I had to say thank you to wise, wise members of this community who are outspoken proponents of lifting heavy and eating to fuel your body! (you all know who you are!) I have lost 33lbs since January 2nd, never eating below 1600 calories. I am 5'6 and started at 185lbs, I am now 153 lbs. But I digress, I began heavy lifting April 1st, upped my calories to an average of 1750-1800 a day. I was a tight size 10. As of today after "only" 3lbs and 2 inches lost I am fitting comfortably into a size 8 pants, and a size 6 (tight) dress! I dropped a full size without losing any significant inches or pounds in only ONE month! It took me 3 months to get into that size ten with cardio and 1600 calories! I could care less how much the scale says I weigh if I keep shrinking like this!

I'm so happy! To all of you who have joined the dark side of eating and lifting more thank you for showing me the light, or should I say dark? Haha where I'm never hungry, and shrinking like I never have before! This is a change of life not a diet! Muah!!!!

Replies

• StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is SO awesome!!! This is exactly what I'm trying to achieve!

Friend request sent! ^_^
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Nicely done! Are you eating back your exercise calories so that you are netting 1700-1800 a day or did you "build them in" like others do (which I don't quite understand)?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I just started lifting 2 weeks ago, and I love it. I still have to work on getting enough calories, though.
  • reka74
    reka74 Posts: 70
    Options
    Congratulation! Great job!
    Would you please let us have a peek of your food diary?
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    I eat my yoga calories back, which aren't many anyway. But I follow the new rules of weightlifting so my calories have lifting factored in already (: I've done almost no real cardio this month, only lifting and yoga to keep me flexible
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! Are you eating back your exercise calories so that you are netting 1700-1800 a day or did you "build them in" like others do (which I don't quite understand)?

It is actually easier to plan a day with out "eating back" you calories. You base the amount you are eating on your TDEE and if you are losing you cut 15-20% off that amount

To the OP: Awesome job! I am officially starting the program today and I am super excited :)
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    Only if you don't judge me for my weekend choices! I had pizza and my moms meatloaf! Haha it's the first time I had eaten red meat in months! Give me a moment to change it. You will notice crazy ingredients in my snacks, it's because they were a protein shake (;
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Amazing :) Great job, this is what I'd like to go for - I'm going to have to check out NROL I think!! Keep it up :-D
  • reka74
    reka74 Posts: 70
    Options
    Thank you. Never here to judge...
    Again congratulation and good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!