best time to weigh yourself

Options
i know it is a good idea to weigh yourself in the morning, but i dont have a scale so i do it when i go into the gym in the morning after i eat breakfast. Should i weight myself before or after i work out?

Replies

• LauraAshley95
    LauraAshley95 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was on SlimGenics for a while, and they always said it was better to weigh yourself before doing any exercise because of water weight.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    i know it is a good idea to weigh yourself in the morning, but i dont have a scale so i do it when i go into the gym in the morning after i eat breakfast. Should i weight myself before or after i work out?

I'd say before.

Like you said it's ideal to weigh yourself first thing in the morning, but since you can't I would just stick with the same conditions every day. So after you eat, at the gym, prior to your workout. Just my opinion.
  • bythebay831
    Options
    thank you :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    yeah, with nothing at home, it's going to be higher after a meal and later in the morning. but as long as you are consistent with doing it at the same time under same conditions, you will still be seeing what progress you are making. (depending on what/how much you eat for breakfast each time, of course.)
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself in the evening as I take a pessimistic approach and weigh myself at the heaviest time of day. At the end of the day, as long as you are consistent with the time of day you weigh yourself, wether that be AM or PM or before or after a workout, it should be OK. Though I have always been advised to weigh yourself before a workout so I always stick to that.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, so I don't like a lot of external factors like variances in my breakfast, etc. I weigh myself basically after I get off the throne in the morning, before I've had anything to eat or drink. I call this my "empty" weight", and it can still vary based on what I've eaten the day before, etc.

If you weigh yourself at any other time, it's fine - just understand that your weight will tend to be more variable. There's nothing wrong with that.