What do you eat when you REALLY want junk?! (Girls)

Options
It's almost that time of the month and i'm dying here. I want to eat ALL.DAY.LONG. And nothing healthy. I want a big chocolate bar and a big bag of cheetos. Thankfully I dont keep that stuff in the house anymore. The other 3 weeks of the month I have super great willpower and can turn anything down. But now I WANT JUNK. Just had a 100 calorie pack of chocolate covered pretzels. Helped a little. How do you guys deal with that time of the month?! Tell me I shouldnt go to the store and get a big snickers LOL!

Replies

• NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow treats or ice cream....
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    It's the time for me too...my major downfall are screamers (ice cream/slurpee mixes). I usually make myself a smoothie/shake with my favourite fruits and a protein powder in either chocolate or vanilla. It helps curb the need for me and it's alot easier on the calorie intake.

Good luck and hang in there!
  • FOLQueen09
    Options
    When that time comes for me, i try to drink A TON of water, and i get a tub of peanut butter and some celery, they are both healthy but the peanut butter takes care of that crave for something sweet. Or you can try to get a fruit smoothie, i love Smoothie King and they have healthy smoothies that take care of the sweet tooth and still give you your protine and fruits! :)
  • MintyStarshine
    Options
    I am not a big sweets person, so I don't crave more than maybe a candy bar. Honestly, a single candy bar WON'T kill you, nor will it cause you to gain pounds back. It's only if you go out and grab a 30 piece Valentine's chocolate box and dig in, going so far as licking the wrappers.

When I'm on my period, I crave either Ruffles potato chips with french onion dip+salsa or a Heath bar. If this is the case, I ask my husband before work to pick it up for me on the way home. Usually, though, before he's done I end up texting him to not bother because I'm not craving it anymore or I had a few hours to mull it over and decided not to. Or I ended up eating something healthy and not feeling hungry anymore.

Lately, though, I've been craving milk more than chocolate.

Have a glass of milk and an apple. See where that gets you. :)
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Going through the same thing! I was craving chocolate and cookies really badly earlier, but I ended up having a fruit parfait and a cup of milk and it helped cut down the cravings A LOT! Also, peanut butter and honey tends to do the trick.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I am not a big sweets person, so I don't crave more than maybe a candy bar. Honestly, a single candy bar WON'T kill you, nor will it cause you to gain pounds back. It's only if you go out and grab a 30 piece Valentine's chocolate box and dig in, going so far as licking the wrappers.

When I'm on my period, I crave either Ruffles potato chips with french onion dip+salsa or a Heath bar. If this is the case, I ask my husband before work to pick it up for me on the way home. Usually, though, before he's done I end up texting him to not bother because I'm not craving it anymore or I had a few hours to mull it over and decided not to. Or I ended up eating something healthy and not feeling hungry anymore.

Lately, though, I've been craving milk more than chocolate.

Have a glass of milk and an apple. See where that gets you. :)

My problem is that i KNOW i wont stop at a candy bar. I want to just KEEP EATING. I'll go for those cheetos then and so on and so on. If i could stop at 1 candy bar i probably would get it. Ugh. Okay going to try the peanut butter!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I gave in and had chocolate covered animal crackers on Saturday and a slice of cake today.
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    Dark chocolate - 70% or higher cocoa....plus a few dried cherries. Reallllllly handles that chocolate AND sweet craving. It doesn't take much. My daughter (14) didn't believe me. I made her try it and she's convinced. Just about 1 oz chocolate broken up w/ a few cherries...can eat w/ a little granola or not.

Another thing that is sweet and filling and works for cravings, for me, is PB&J oatmeal. I cook 1 serving of oats, in milk, and add 2 tbs peanut butter and 2 packets stevia (I admit...it's really sweet). I just put a touch of jelly on top after it's finished. We're talking 1/2 tsp.

Those are my go tos.
  • ayoubm3949
    Options
    plain popcorn :)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    GIRLS! Thank you SO much! I just had a half of a banana with crunchy peanut butter and i feel SO much better. That helped a lot. You girls rock!

And cherries sound GREAT. I havent seen them in store yet but as soon as i do i will pick some up!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I usually eat popcorn for when I'm craving chips or anything salty. When it comes to craving sweets, I'll make myself a peanut butter/banana protein shake with EAS vanilla powder. :) Other than that, I usually just drink tons of water and really try to control my cravings. Try eating some fruit or celery with a little peanut butter too!
  • Snicketlab
    Options
    Just curious - do you drink diet soda? I was totally amazed how much better I felt when I cut out all soda and stuck to water only. When I drink diet soda, I start craving all kinds of sweets and junk food!
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Jello brand sugar-free fat-free chocolate instant pudding. A whole cup of it is 160 calories, and around 90 of that is from the skim milk I use to make it. 1 cup of pudding is a LOT of pudding, very filling and feels totally decadent.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasures:

88% dark chocalate and a mini box of raisins does the trick for me (and there are so many health benefits in the two so I feel guilt free!).

Organic popcorn

Dark chocolate covered bananas

Swedish fish (yes it's candy, but fat free lol)
  • glenoakchic2006
    glenoakchic2006 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    every tooth in my mouth is a sweet tooth and when it gets really bad I like to eat skinny cow heavenly crisp milk chocolate bars it's almost like a kit kat and is only 110 calories.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have an Aldi close to you, but they have these Fit and Active Chocolate Ice Cream Bars that are dreamy. Also, they have a Fit and Active Chocolate Pretzel bar that hits the spot.

If it's salt I crave, either cheddar cheese rice cakes or fat free pringles.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'd likely go get this Snickers...

But, I have developed a love for Orville Redenbacher Kettle Corn and they have individual serving bags that are 100 calories. It's a little sweet and a little salty and is usually perfect for a TOM craving. In my case, a multiple day per week craving...
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have been craving.. cake. honest to God cake. NOT the calorie free, low fat whatevers, C-A-K-E. Thankfully, it was over the weekend and my mom sliced up some mango, which miraculously satisfied my sweet tooth. I was literally about to drive to the store for a slice of cake, my willpower was so thin. I <3 you, mango.
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    I have found a fat free chocolate cake recipe. It is a basic swiss roll recipe.
    3 eggs mixed in a bowl
    6 oz caster sugar totally dissolved into 3 tablespoons of water and brought to the boil in a sauce pan,
    3 oz plain flour
    1 oz cocoa powder

have the mixer ready to beat the sugar and the egg together as soon as the sugar comes to the boil. Pour the sugar into the eggs and beat until it is a beautiful smooth creamy consistency, (almost like whipped cream) Then sift the flour and cocoa together onto a sheet of paper. Then sift it again into the egg and sugar mix.
    Then really gently fold the flour into the mix.
    line and grease a pan,or cake tins. I used 2 small cake tins to make a round cake, but you will have enough mixture to fill a 14" by 8" swiss roll tin.
    Cook at gas 4 or 350 deg F or 180 deg c for 20 mins approx. test as a normal cake.
    turn the cakes out onto a clean tea towel that has been sprinkled with sugar, they will stick to it if you dont!
    I suggest serving with a low calorie whipped cream substitute or a mock cream. made with milk, cornflour, butter vanilla essence, and sugar.
    if you want cals per piece I will try and do it for you somehow.

This cake is yummy!
    Enjoy.

ps you could try it with slightly less sugar, or a stevia mix, but for a chocolate cake the cals aren't bad.