What to do after Insanity?

Options
Hey everyone!

I know a lot of people ask this question but I'm in the last 2 weeks of Insanity and I'm already thinking about what to do next. Looking for advice on what might be a good next move. I see a lot of fellow MFP'ers doing workouts I've never even heard of like ChaLean Extreme and Les Mills.

What have some of you former Insanity graduates done after? A friend suggested Insanity Asylum but I don't think I can stand to look at/listen to Shaun T for much longer than I already have to. I need a break from him. HA HA!! Another friend suggested P90X but I was hoping for a workout in less than 60 minutes. I don't know much about P90X. I feel like I need to YouTube it to see what it's like. I like how Insanity uses no equipment though. I also really like the calendar/scheduled workouts too. Helps keep me focused and accountable.

Enough of my rambling. Any help/advice would be much appreciated! Thanks people!

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Diddy I'd recommend strength training with free weights if you were up for it. Stronglifts 5x5 has given me great results.

And you've absolutely killed it at Insanity!
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have heard wonderful things about les mills pump. i'm planning on using it when i finish my turbofire/chalean extreme hybrid
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I did P90x twice, then Insanity twice, then attempted to do the hybrid schedule and got bored. Bought an elliptical, got bored. Bought Zumba just to break up the boredom. Now I am back to Insanity. I am contemplating Asylum.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am also on my last two weeks of Insanity. Next I am going to do ChaLean X. I chose that one because the videos are 30 to 40 minutes long. The hour workouts are a bit long for me. Plus this one combines cardio and strength.
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    https://www.supreme90dayworkoutdvds.com/?mid=1108940

Supreme 90 day, I really liked this and it is much cheaper than P90x
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    what to do after Insanity? prozac perhaps....
    hah!!! good picture my friend. Enjoy the work
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I still have another month to go but after I am going to do Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30. I've heard great things about it plus it's only $15. After that, its one more round of Insanity then I am going to do P90X.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Diddy I'd recommend strength training with free weights if you were up for it. Stronglifts 5x5 has given me great results.

And you've absolutely killed it at Insanity!

Totally this!! I've done Insanity and loved it, I still do it from time to time but free weights are where it's at.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm doing running cardio, much more weights and some insanity mixed in too.

I will have a special place in my heart for insanity for the rest of my life!
    May even get a tough mudder insanity tattoo!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I still have another month to go but after I am going to do Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30. I've heard great things about it plus it's only $15. After that, its one more round of Insanity then I am going to do P90X.

I did RI30 before Insanity and even before it was pretty easy. It may not be enough for you now.
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just got the p90x 10 minute trainer and it kicked my butt today. Give that a try.
  • PDiddy0913
    Options
    Thanks for all the input guys. I might just do P90X. I hate the long workouts but I have access to the DVD's for free and I like that it's structured with a schedule/calendar and all.

I feel like I might get bored of 90 days of it though...
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    After I finished my 2nd round of Insanity I did Chalean Extreme... It's a strength train program. 90 day program broken up into three phases... It's a 5 day a week program, 3 days strenght training and 2 days cardio. First time I did it, I followed that, On my second round I add a 3rd day of Cardio. I really liked this program.. It's not as intense as Insanity, but the cardio workouts get the heart rate going. The workouts average about 45 minutes. it did help me get ready for my current round of Insanity.

After I finish my current round, I think I'm going to do P90X. Hope that helps.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    if you like the cardio, then insanity the asylum
    otherwise you might like p90x
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought you meant like literally right after the dvd stopped. Sooo...my answer was DIE. And that was just the warm up.

Don't laugh at me.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I followed up my 4 straight rounds of Insanity with The Asylum. After Asylum I started running and was doing a mix of running and Insanity. Recently (since I was sidelined from running) I was doing a hybrid of Insanity and P90X, but am now back to running and P90X strength workouts. For me the cardio workouts of P90X are boring (especially compared to Insanity) so I only do the strength workouts.

If you think you might get bored with just P90X maybe do a hybrid of it and Insanity.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    http://zombiefit.org/ - Workout of the Day

+

Stronglifts 5x5

=

awesome combo.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I like this one too!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Cheap is right.

You can do a P90X and Insanity hybrid. i just kicked off my hybrid this morning.