What do you eat when you REALLY want junk?! (Girls)

Options

Replies

• butterfly10398
    Options
    At TOM, I personally CRAVE chocolate, mostly chocolate icecream, so I go to the store and buy the weight watchers or skinny cow giant fudge bars... 100 calories a piece and still big enough that it REALLY hits the spot. :-) And make sure you have enough calories and carbs and fat left so you can account for everything.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Healthy pop kettle corn! And hot chocolate I make myself with lowfat milk, cocoa powder, and a little sugar. Smoothies are yummy too! And super rich dark chocolate cuz just a bite satisfies me
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    Hot cheetos! I tried cutting them out but no I just can't do it. It gets worse with TOM around.
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    When I want cheesecake and am too lazy to make the diabetic one ( which is amazing) I take a plain rice cake add low fat cream cheese and sugar free jam.
  • julierewa
    julierewa Posts: 17
    Options
    What your body is really craving at this time is protein. So have some chocolate protein shakes or keep some of those yummy chocolate caramel protein bars handy. And drink lots of water in between. I also find taking flaxseed oil capsules stems the hunger pangs and it also helps balance out your hormones. 2-4 capsules a day.
  • Poetryanc
    Options
    My new craving is Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds.. They are so delish! They have them in 100 calorie packs too! :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    chocolate.. chocolate... chocolate ... cookies.... brownies... SUGAR :laugh: what i do now is make lil strawberry sandwiches. slice a strawberry in half and put a bit of choco spread in between. considering the spread i use has a serving size of 2 TBSP, i can get about 10-12 strawberries with that

oh for you popcorn lovers. try making kale chips and then crumble those up on top of your popcorn.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    oh man... one thing I JUST discovered is Angel Food Cake. During my TOM I usually want dessert-y type things or salty things. SO, I've been making low cal berry shortcake: 1 serving of angel food cake, cut up berries (i like strawberries and blueberries), and Lite Cool Whip. That comes out to like 130 cals or so. SO GOOD.

When I'm feeling like salty, I'll get a small order of fries somewhere... guacamole is a good option too. :) There's lots of things you can do.
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    I always eat CHOCOLATE!!!! But when I want Doritos with ranch dip, Super cheesy Nachos, Pizza or Ice cream, I have air popped popcorn and some frozen yougrt from pinkberry with strawberrys ..... yep thats all :-)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I find that eating at least half of my calories in the evening stops me feeling peckish in the evening which means no cravings.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Plain non-fat yogurt with sugar free jam mixed in or Lindt chocolate with sea salt - takes care of sweet and salty at the same time. :wink:
  • soygurl
    soygurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My go-to treat is plain, non-fat greek yogurt (1/3-1/2 c.), a tiny drizzle of honey (could sub a packet of sweetener if you prefer), and defrosted frozen berries (1/4 c. plus the "juice" from defrosting). It's SO amazing! Fat free, some fiber from the berries, not too much sugar, and tons of protien!

Then when I'm really craving *chocolate*, I do either a small spoonful of peanut butter with a few chocolate chips on top (it's like recess but WAY healthier!), or a small slice of 100% whole wheat toast* topped with a thin smear of Nutella (1-2 tsp.) and sliced fresh fruit (berries are best IMO). Both are very satisfying, but it can be a bit tough not going back for seconds sometimes. ;)

For "OMG must have JUNK FOOD now!" cravings, I try to get only a small single serving bag of chips, a small candy bar, or oe of those teeny-tiny ice cream containers. I can't keep that stuff in the house, or my will-power falls apart. Plus I make myself walk to the store (or wait until after a workout) for my treat.

* I love sprouted wheat breads like Trader Joe's complete protien bread becuse the slices are a bit smaller than regular bread, and the spouted grains put it lower on the glycemic index than regular bread.
  • fruitful9
    fruitful9 Posts: 32
    Options
    Jello brand sugar-free fat-free chocolate instant pudding. A whole cup of it is 160 calories, and around 90 of that is from the skim milk I use to make it. 1 cup of pudding is a LOT of pudding, very filling and feels totally decadent.

If you are going to make chocolate pudding....stir in some protein powder before you add the milk....turns the snack into food!

For me, I have been eating Hershey's mildly sweet dark chocolate....5 squares only and I walk away :)
  • jeniley65
    jeniley65 Posts: 35
    Options
    Mocha chocolate ice cream....sometimes you just gotta!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Right now i am craving cheese and crisps lol!
    I cant help myself, currently sat here with a small block of cheese lol.

Sometimes we have to give in a little to the food demons xx
  • owltattoo
    owltattoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SUGAR-FREE JELL-O!!!! That stuff is amazing. super low calories, zero carbs, large enough portion sizes to get you satisfied, and DELICIOUS. They also have the pudding kind, but that's too high in carbs for me. I'd rather save mine for cheese :D

Another plus: all you do to make it is boil two cups of water, mix with the powder thoroughly, then add two cups of water and transfer it to whatever you want to set it in. It's magic.
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a serious sweet tooth, and it's been the hardest thing for me because I just caaaaaaant stop!! Especially with Milk Chocolate, I could eat bar after bar after bar. So I switched to Dark Chocolate - Nowhere near as yummy I must admit, but it does satisfy the Chocolate craving 100%
    I freeze bananas, and when I have a craving for something sweet I chuck them in the blender with a tiiiiny bit of milk and it turns out like icecream. Top it with Dark Chocolate Chips, and the cravings are goooone! (Can do with Berries etc too)
    Or cook an apple in a little bit of butter and brown sugar, then top with cinnamon - Apple Crumble taste without the guilt!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Sweet: Skinny Cow ice cream
    Salty: Pop Chips, Pretzel Crisps

Naughty stuff: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Loooove special k cracker chips, especially ranch and sour cream&onion. :heart:
  • KatrinaGrace1
    KatrinaGrace1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and apples
    slice of wheat bread and nutella with either strawberries or bananas (or both!)
    any candy bar (but 1/2 one day and the other 1/2 the next day.. moderation..plus I get to enjoy it longer!)