Looking for some friends :)

Options
Hello,
I'm looking for some help motivating myself to be more active. I would like to go to the gym more and take some more walks (I live next to a pretty nice park) ~ I'm looking for some people who are just trying to fit in regular exercise to the normal schedule for the long term. I want to find different ways to exercise that are fun, that you can look forward to rather than dread.
Please, anyone who is interested, add me n__n

Replies

• ernestruss
    ernestruss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have 63 lbs to loose. I go to the VA hospital ever day and that is where I get my walking in. I wish I lived near a park. I think that would be fun. Looking at the beautiful trees and the flowers. That would me nice. I would love to be your friend :laugh:
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I too would love some help staying motivated. Please feel free to add me.
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I find that a great way to get motivated is to make sure you try to do something different. You say gym to friends/family and most of the time the response is "Ugh, no thanks." And sometimes, our own brain says the same thing, even if we have the motivation to be more active. Glad you have a great partk near you. I moved away from a great one, so enjoy it while you have it so close. :)

This weekend I played frisbee golf. Unfortuantely, with living in New Mexico for a few more months, there are few parks with trees, but it's still a lot of fun. You feel the burn too with all the throwing (my arm is soooo sore). I also find it's great to just go swimming in the pool. It's exercise, but most people think, "FUN! Sure, let's go."

I also try to motivate myself to go to the gym, and usually it just helps if I have the gym bag in the car on the way home from work. Not sure if you've tried that but for me, it eliminates the excuse of being unprepared.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Always looking for more people to keep up the good fight of active living.
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i am so glad you are here, feel free to ad me I am here every day.