Does anyone have a cheat day?

Options
2»

Replies

• SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have cheat days. I eat low carb and I allow myself to have a day off. Sometimes it leads to a weekend of horrible eating but I'm getting better. I do much better with cheat days than eating whatever I want in moderation.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes--and it usually also involves copious amounts of alcohol. Last cheat day--3 beers, large gyro (split w/husband), fries (also split w/husband), 2 slices of veggie pizza. I also walked a lot--1 mile each way to a local festival, did a tour of homes, and then walked around festival. I also probably wasn't grossly over my calorie allotment, but none of it was healthy. I think it's ok to have a cheat day from time to time as long as your diet is good the other 99% of the time, and you balance it out. The next day I got up early and did an hours worth of cardio and HIT to try and make up for it.
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No, I do not do cheat days.

What is the point? I'm curious.
  • Lindamack5987
    Options
    My cheat day is Sunday. We have Sunday dinner at my Mother-in-laws house and she don't do diet. But I try to stay as close to calories as I can. Like skipping dessert.
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I put myself on a 90/10 rule...90% of the time I eat healthy and the remainder 10% I enjoy my self:bigsmile: ...that's a lifestyle change I can stick with. I refuse to totally deprive myself!!
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    Yes and no. One day of the weekend I'll definitely be a little more lax about total calories and I have my adult beverages as well. But, I don't eat anything horribly bad, I still eat good for you food, just more of it. For instance, I had a lovely new york steak with a baked potato and zucchini for dinner last night. (I don't usually have baked potatoes, so that was my splurge) I also had two light gluten free beers with it :drinker:
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this game...but I have a plan of how to handle it. If I know I'm going to "cheat" (Birthday party, time of the month, etc...) I will plan more exercise to make up for it. That way I can still eat a bit of what I want. I've been doing really well with the calories since I started 2 weeks ago, but I still had a little, itty-bitty baby size frozen yogurt when my family went out for ice cream. And I still had Papa Johns and breadsticks the other night. I just ate less. You can make it work.
  • Charlie_DiNozzo
    Options
    I have a cheat day once a week, on Sunday. It really helps me get through the rest of the week since I follow a very strict diet, and do not eat ANY junk food or sweets during the week. And even then, I don't go super nuts. Maybe bacon and potatoes to my usual egg white and spinach omlette, maybe use real eggs instead of just egg whites. I will eat half a bag of popcorn, have soda, which I don't during the week. Maybe a piece of cake, or a candy bar, or some M&Ms.
  • Sarahsmiles0875
    Sarahsmiles0875 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your feedback! As this is my second week on MFP, I am trying to adjust mentally to some of the aspects of the calorie counting, the meal selections, and how much I actually did not think about before. After this week my plan is to incorporating physical activity into my lifestyle, and perhaps that would counter some of my cravings.

For those of you who do work out, do you balance the calories to your dialy count based on what you worked off in exercise?
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have cheat days. That would really affect my weight loss
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm not adverse to cheating for special occasions like a party, and I only get to be home with my husband maybe every other weekend so I will usually be pretty lenient those days. BUT I will be extra vigilant for a few days after to make up for it.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't schedule any cheat days. Instead, I just always eat whatever I want when I got out to dinner. Sometimes I got out twice a week. Sometimes, I never go out.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have cheat days, but I don't plan them. If it's a special occasion, I'll indulge. But right after that, it's back to eating as healthily as possible.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    One day every other weekend I let myself go nuts. Still losing weight eating disgustingly yummy food here! :drinker:

^^This :drinker:
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I do special occasion cheat days like birthdays. If there is cake, I will eat it happily!
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes on the weekends I do. But I try my best to stay in or at least close to my calories limit. This is after the hard way forever. I find people who have actual cheat days, never lose the weight. They spend the entire week trying to lose all the water weight they gained that weekend.. So I find the way I do it now works better. Then once a month I allow myself to indulge at a restaurant with my fiance or my girlfriends. It keeps me on track and i don't feel like I am depriving myself of the food that I enjoy.

Well said. I really had to start watching myself on the weekends (not just Friday) because I would eat much saltier foods and be bloated come Monday or Tuesday!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't have cheat days. Yes I have days where I go over on calories, fats, etc. but I don't have cheat days. As long as my ratios and stuff look good for the week I am happy :)
  • Cravenamanda
    Cravenamanda Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yes!! It was 2 days ago and it was amazing, I logged it all too lol
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I have a day when I have a cheat meal--or a good meal/drinks. But I don't go crazy and eat my daily caloric intake in a meal. I also usually still exercise on that day.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I also never deprive myself during the week. I do my best to enjoy filling and tasty (healthy) food. If I need a splurge, like chips or ice cream (etc) it's a very small portion and make sure to earn it!