Which cereal is better/healthier for you?

Options
Which cereal is healthier for you: Fiber One Honey Squares or Kix Original Cereal? Also, what cereal do you think is the healthiest for you?

Replies

• TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love multigrain cherios! 110 calories per a cup with half a cup of almond milk... Soo yummy
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Read the box. Go for the one with lower sugar. Kix is pretty low I think.
    I eat Kashi go lean original because it is high in protein.
  • patebishop
    Options
    Kix has a little bit less, but Fiber One has a lot more fiber.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    WIC and the adult and child food program approve of kix since its under 6g of sugar, they only approve of the healthy foods. I guess it really depends on what your trying to get from a cereal, I also eat kashi go lean original.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Cold: Kashi Go Lean crunch for the protein. But steel cut oatmeal is my go to breakfast.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi cereals too. I have a bowl of greek yogurt and put in a couple hand fulls of Kashi cereal and mix it up and have that for breakfast.
  • shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I look for low sugar, high fiber cereal with whole grains and no high fructose corn syrup. Kashi definitely has some great options.
  • jxj7227
    jxj7227 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Special K! :)
  • verbalriot
    verbalriot Posts: 90
    Options
    Check out Kashi's Good Friends cereal. They have a plain one and one with raisins/cinnamon. Kashi + plain Greek yogurt + banana = my go to breakfast!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Which ingredient list is shorter? IMO, that's the healthier one.

I am a big fan of Kashi cereals. Also, they sell an organic brand I like called Mom's Best out here and it is surprisingly inexpensive. This week they're on sale for only $2.00/box - and big boxes!