How many workouts ?

Options
So i think i now have my eating plan mastered, so now onto the exercise portion, lol!

do you think it would be best to excercise 3 days a week at 60 mins each, or is it better to space it out more, doing 30 mins 6 days a week?

Heres what i'm thinking:

M, Th - 30-45 mins on an elliptical
Tu, F - 30-45 mins turbo jam vids
W, Sa - 30-45 mins on excercise bike

I'm thinking this way i'm not doing the same thing every day, and i'm up and exercising daily. but if its better to do 1 hour at a time, i can do that 3-4 days a week

*Sorry for all the questions lately...i'm just trying to find my grove and get this going

Replies

• paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    What's your exercise regime at the moment?

Something?

Nothing?

Walking?

Let us know. :flowerforyou:
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    My body (mentally & physically) feels better when I work out 5-6 days a week. I think the schedule you worked out would be fine. Definetly mix it up to keep from getting bored and to get a total body workout. You might want to add in some strength training though. Do the cardio 30-45min and then add about 10 min of strength training somewhere in there. Also as you get in better shape increase a couple of those days to 60min.
    The other day when I was in Borders I read a bit of The Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start. It had some really great exercise plans. You might want to check it out!!
    Good Luck to you!!!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    So i think i now have my eating plan mastered, so now onto the exercise portion, lol!

do you think it would be best to excercise 3 days a week at 60 mins each, or is it better to space it out more, doing 30 mins 6 days a week?

Heres what i'm thinking:

M, Th - 30-45 mins on an elliptical
    Tu, F - 30-45 mins turbo jam vids
    W, Sa - 30-45 mins on excercise bike

I'm thinking this way i'm not doing the same thing every day, and i'm up and exercising daily. but if its better to do 1 hour at a time, i can do that 3-4 days a week

*Sorry for all the questions lately...i'm just trying to find my grove and get this going

I would say that is good to start with and when you start feeling like that is not enough, you can then up the time. Then I would definetly recommend incorporating strength training in there as well. You are doing good so far. Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i should've added that i do strength training 3 days a week

before i was going to curves 3 times a week for 30 mins each time, and i was doing a turbo jam vid every once in a while, lol!

i'm getting an elliptical and excercise bike today, also getting an mp3 to listen to music while i work lol!
  • eglass64
    Options
    I go 7 days a week, I incorporate strength training 3 out of the 7.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If I don't exercise every day, I don't feel like that day was a success, so I tend to do cardio most days. 30 minutes minimum if I can. It makes me feel good, so I like to get those benefits daily.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If you go 7 days a week, at least on should be an "off" day because your body needs some time to recover. Activities for an off day might be relaxation based yoga, walking, doing exercise machine for a little less time and less resistance.

Have fun!