New and scared!

At 25 I'm newly married, moving to cali and weighing in at 280. I want to become healthy for my mate and top have children in the future. I never stick to diets when asked if a reese cup was worth 170 cals I think yes and I want to change! I want to put more care in to myself inside and out!

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Hi Ashley! I'm Jeanine and have been using MFP for about 6 weeks. I love it! Starting the journey is scary but the friends I've made here have helped me more than I can say. I wish you the best and please add me!
  • math1182
    math1182 Posts: 15
    Don't be scared. You're starting out on an exciting future. I'm in the UK, but have a sister in Ohio, so I'm sure we will be able to understand each other's English!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    There is so many outdoor activities to do in California. I use to live there when I was a young girl. I am proud of you for getting started.
  • Catalpa62
    Catalpa62 Posts: 40 Member
    Just be diligent about updating and stay strong - those Reese's Cups call to me, too! It's nerve-wracking at first, but once those pounds start to fall off, it's worth it! You can do it!!
  • goofygal12
    goofygal12 Posts: 2
    Hi Ashley I just joined today also. I wish you luck. I just hope i can log in all the food everyday I get lazy.
  • Hi everyone, my name is Jennie and I am a 27 year old stay at home mom of two young boys. My oldest is 3 and my youngest is 1. It definitely is an adventure every day with them but I am ready to start another adventure and it is one for me :) I am hoping to be able to get my body back to somewhat normal, I know it will never be the same way it was before having kids but I want to feel better about myself (inside and out). I have tried dieting before and I stick with it for a little bit and then just fall right back into old habits. So I really just need to stay focused and committed. Any luck anyone wants to send my way I will definitely take :)
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    California, knows how to party! Really, there's so much to do there. I wish I got there a lot more than I have been able to as L.A is only about 6 hours drive from Phoenix and one of my favorite boutiques is in Torrance.

Don't be scared. You're here and you posted your introduction so you are braver than you thought!

Feel free to add me if you need a friend :happy:
  • JMINGRAM78
    JMINGRAM78 Posts: 13 Member
    Completely understand. I am sitting at 260. Starting fresh for May. My goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. Feel free to add me for support:)

Jennifer
  • luvecerviere
    luvecerviere Posts: 8 Member
    Welcome to MFP! This is a good step to take chica.
  • rocknrolljunkie_
    rocknrolljunkie_ Posts: 12 Member
    I hear you! I've been here for about a month but haven't had the courage to introduce myself until tonight.

Feel free to add me too. We can do it together! :)
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    What helps me is to pre-log my food, usually at night after dinner I'll log all my planned food for tomorrow. Or like this week when I have a marathon coming up on Sunday I've pre-logged the whole week - including my post-marathon treat meal :)
    But it also lets me plan what I need for workouts or when I have the extra calories for that Reese's cup!
  • ashleycball
    ashleycball Posts: 23
    Thank you everyone for the support, I am pushing hard to not give in to being bad. The fact that I have the support is making me accountable and I need that. Keep pushing everyone!