help, I need to gain weight

Options
I hope that I am writting this is the right place, I have finally decided that I am to slim but I have been in denial and thought that I needed to lose but enough about that. I want to gain weight as all my bones are visable and it hurts to sit down now.

Is anyone here wanting to gain weight to and will be able to support me x

Replies

• pldg
    pldg Posts: 18
    Options
    I joined to gain weight as well, and I know where you're coming from. It's been a tough journey, but just know that there is hope. Trust God and know that I'll be cheering and praying for you! :)
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have successfully gained 11 pounds so far and I have 5 more to go. I'd love to support you. A lot of my MFP friends are gainers as well :)
  • springermad
    springermad Posts: 242
    Options
    do you mind if I send you both a friend request x
  • SGFeldbusch
    Options
    I'll give 7 lbs :-)
  • LovesGG
    Options
    Already sent you one!
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lol, sent you a message suggesting WayyyOutOfLine since she is awesome :p Guess it won't be needed, hehe.

Good luck in your journey :)
  • LovesGG
    Options
    Lol, sent you a message suggesting WayyyOutOfLine since she is awesome :p Guess it won't be needed, hehe.

Good luck in your journey :)

:flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • sevenminaya
    sevenminaya Posts: 112
    Options
    Gaining weight over here :) have gone from 150 to 176. Feel free to add me.
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    Thank you for being honest and realizing that being thinner thinner thinner does not mean being healthy. I'm sorry that you had to bring yourself this far to realize it, but the fact of the matter is that you did in fact catch yourself before it was too late.

Just like losing weight, gaining weight should be a gradual process. Shoveling as much food in your mouth as possible as quickly as possible will only lead to illness and possible heart problems. Being by eating a diet full of healthy proteins and fats, and make sure you aren't just going crazy on junk food, since the sugars and cholesterol don't actually lead to healthy weight gain.

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving you detailed advice, but here are some online resources that could help you. Also, I suggest a nutritionist/dietitian who can help you make a personal plan. If you can't get a nutritionist, try talking to your OB/GYN. They might be able to help because they are trained on how to help women safely gain weight during pregnancy.

Best of luck to you!

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=52231
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/how-to-gain-weight
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain too :) WayOuttaLine is awesome and I know a lot of other awesome gainers too. Feel free to add me :)
  • tackygothgirl
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago b/c I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby and I have severe morning sickness. I lost 17lbs in 5wks and realized I have to do something about it! I love that I can keep track of things like iron and calcium, which are so important to fetal development!
    I hope some of you will add me so we can support each other! My husband and I love to cook and share our recipes =)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Eat more. But, eat more of the right foods. Don't fall into the trap of eating anything in sight and not taking stock in what it is that you are eating. Add weight training to your regimen for proper toning and such but realize that this will actually make you need to add MORE weight to fill out. Best wishes on attaining your goals.