Minimal weight loss - major improvements!

Options
So when I started using MFP on a regular basis I had a gold of losing 17 pounds by now, which I haven't met, but I am not complaining because I have seen MAJOR changes in my body.

I was a size 10 when I started and now I fit into many of my size 6's! They are definitely tight, but going from a 10 to between an 8 and a 6 with only a 9 pound weight loss has me very excited! I am re-evaluating my goal as far weight is concerned. Ultimately I wanted to get down to 125, but with the amount of muscle I am putting on I think that I will be happy before I get down to that weight. Only time will tell.

Anyone else have major changes with minimal weight loss?

Replies

• ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You are def healthier!!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yup! With 30lbs lost I've gone from a size 12-14/XL to a size 4-6-8 (depending in the store)/S

also, congratulations on your success! :)
  • fawnkay0ne
    Options
    Yup! With 30lbs lost I've gone from a size 12-14/XL to a size 4-6-8 (depending in the store)/S

That's Awesome!

I hate how sizes vary so much. I just want to be comfortable with what I see when I look in the mirror. :o)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Anyone else have major changes with minimal weight loss?

Yep! In 30 days I lost only 4 lbs, but thanks to a change in focus to body comp, I went from a size 8/10 to a 4/6 :)
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    yup! Gotta love that muscle mass. For a WHILE I was in the 150s and I went from a size 10 to 8 while still staying in the same weight range.
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I was wondering why I seemed to be losing inches not pounds. Good to know I am not the only one.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've lost more in the way of inches than in pounds too!
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I've been getting frustrated because I've only lost about 6 lbs in the last month, with the majority of it coming off in the first 2 weeks. However, I've been exercising and still eating properly and trying not to get discouraged. Last night I tied on a pair of jeans that 2 months ago I could not properly get up my legs, and could not button up. Not only did they feel good on my legs, I buttoned them up and had NO muffin top. Yowza! So I'm going to continue and only take the number on the scale with a grain of salt. As long as the jean sizes keep dropping I'll be happy. Thanks again!
  • dmaster555
    Options
    Show pictures or this post is useless.
  • fawnkay0ne
    Options
    I am so glad that you are all in the same boat as I am! It helps to sometimes take your mind off of the number and focus on how you feel and look. Some days stepping on the scale can be pretty discouraging, but the tape measure doesn't lie!

:o)
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I've been getting frustrated because I've only lost about 6 lbs in the last month, with the majority of it coming off in the first 2 weeks. However, I've been exercising and still eating properly and trying not to get discouraged. Last night I tied on a pair of jeans that 2 months ago I could not properly get up my legs, and could not button up. Not only did they feel good on my legs, I buttoned them up and had NO muffin top. Yowza! So I'm going to continue and only take the number on the scale with a grain of salt. As long as the jean sizes keep dropping I'll be happy. Thanks again!

That's a great attitude! I was getting frustrated with pics of people weighing 20lbs more than me with lovely flat stomachs- I now realise it's all about composition- so I am concentrating on changing fat to muscle, not losing weight!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

That's Awesome!

I hate how sizes vary so much. I just want to be comfortable with what I see when I look in the mirror. :o)

agreed^!!! more than that, i want to be comfortable with how i FEEL. which is a direct result of being happy with the outside, but happy with the inside too.
  • Vivaladziunia
    Options
    Congrats it must feeel awesome to have lost that much and dropped so many sizes.

Do you have any advice or anything that helped you lose what you've already lost? How long did it take you? It's my second week and I've lost two pounds. I feel unmotivated any tips?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!