Having difficulty eating enough protein...

Options
2»

Replies

• rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    For a snack I will eat a Detour lower sugar whey protein bar, but there are lots of different protein bars out there, so check them out. Also there are several protein powders you can try. Of course the best way to get protein is in it's true form, so add low fat cheese and meat to your diet.

My son has a protein drink from GNC after a workout. They are expensive though.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you're already eating 50g a day that's a lot of protein! It's not like you're trying to become a bodybuilder (I'm assuming).
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Some things I eat to get protein"

Turkey/chicken
    greek yogurt
    cheese
    eggs
    protein shakes
    pb2
    special K protein plus cereal
    milk
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you're already eating 50g a day that's a lot of protein! It's not like you're trying to become a bodybuilder (I'm assuming).

That's actually not much protein at all - and higher protein is not only relevent for body builders.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

That's actually not much protein at all - and higher protein is not only relevent for body builders.

Well, I RARELY get up to 50g myself, and my diet's pretty good. Sometimes I do the whey powder shakes, and they usually gets me close to the MFP goal, but we should be able to get enough protein from whole foods.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Well, I RARELY get up to 50g myself, and my diet's pretty good. Sometimes I do the whey powder shakes, and they usually gets me close to the MFP goal, but we should be able to get enough protein from whole foods.

You may not go up to 50g - my point is, its not a lot and a higher level is not only applicable to body builders.