uh, stress fracture? :)

Options
Ok I dont' think so, but I did kickboxing for the first time last night, we use those big bags to punch and kick. Today the inside aspect of my R lower leg, just above my ankle bone, over the tibia is sore whenever i step or push on it with my fingers. It doesnt' feel muscular. Is it possible to injure something from kicking? I know it isn't my calf that is hurting and it isn't shin splints (I've had those before) I want to RUN today!!!! :( but am worried I should "take it easy" until the bone feels normal again. What do you all think?

Replies

• LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ok I dont' think so, but I did kickboxing for the first time last night, we use those big bags to punch and kick. Today the inside aspect of my R lower leg, just above my ankle bone, over the tibia is sore whenever i step or push on it with my fingers. It doesnt' feel muscular. Is it possible to injure something from kicking? I know it isn't my calf that is hurting and it isn't shin splints (I've had those before) I want to RUN today!!!! :( but am worried I should "take it easy" until the bone feels normal again. What do you all think?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    If it is hurting really bad, you should go and see a doctor to make sure everything is OK. And I would take it easy until it feels better, you don't want to injure it further. Just pick a lower-impact exercise to do, that way you are still burning those calories!:flowerforyou:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I called my boyfriend and he suggests i try to run on it and if running makes it more painful, to stop, but if it seems to be getting better with the run then to go.

Im' just worried that I'll hurt it more and I'll be unable to run for a week, instead of just a day. It seems like when I walk on it for a while, it starts feeling a little better, but when I sit for a while and then stand up, it hurts again. hmmm