any ladies 5'8 ish?? Or recovering from knee surgery?

Options
hi hi !!

Looking for some friends on the tall side ;)
I'm 5'8 and working to drop about 25lbs to get to 145

and

I'm recovering from knee surgery so my cardio is VERY limited for the next few months-

If you have similar goals - friend me!

Looking for more stories on my dash

Replies

• stacie48
    stacie48 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5 and I was in a wheelchair for 18 months. I did a ton of straight leg raises with weights strapped to me. I have sever atrophy in my left thigh. the recumbent bike has been my friend. There are some machines where you pedal with your arms. Sit ups will work you out. Look at my photos and you will see.

Best of luck to you I totally understand.
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" too and it looks like we're about the same weight! I sent you a request.
  • mm61397
    mm61397 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5'8 exactly, and I just had knee surgery. Might have to have it again:(
  • shellyburger
    shellyburger Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'8. Though I haven't had knee surgery there was a while that I thought I would have to. I've dislocated my knee 3 times so I have to be very careful with the exercises that I do.
  • charliefocus
    charliefocus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Thanks for replying - friend requests all around :)
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my starting weight is 174 and my goal weight is a bit more than yours!
  • lad80
    lad80 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5*6 and just had two knee surgeries and need to under go it again.... I find it really hard to do cardio with such a restriction on me ..
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options
    5'8" and had a broken leg a few years back. feel free to add me :)
  • kateblue72
    kateblue72 Posts: 113
    Options
    Hi, 5'5 and knee surgery almost 9 months ago. Very slow going, as I had to wait 18 months for the surgery and gained way too much weight. Yes, not being able to put on my runners has been the hardest thing for me to accept. However, Deep water running in the pool over the winter, and my stationary bike have become my best friends. WW in the fall and now MFP have gotten me 30 pounds lighter .... 'only' 50 more to go. But We can do this! As May starts to warm up, I have gotten my pedal bike in for a tune-up, and trying to find challenges, like the running ones I no longer can do. Anyone please friend me if you'd like. I haven't been too good at posting, but maybe that is the missing link, and knowing I am not alone. Good luck!
  • Yetibite
    Yetibite Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" I hope I am not too short! :wink: I had spinal fusion L-3 to L-5. I had 4 ruptures and 7 fractures. They took a chunk of bone from my hip so there was enough to fuse. I had my surgery Oct. 31st. 5 days in the Hospital and 6 weeks unable to move all the time on steroids packed the pounds on fast! I have similar challenges Low to no impact exercise. I need to loose 40 lbs. So my diet needs to be tight!
  • gallba
    gallba Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8 and although I'm not recovering from knee surgery I am awaiting surgery for a different problem and so have been advised against running for a while.
    I am currently 174lb and hoping to get down to 140-147lb so we seem to be in the same weight range.

Please feel free to add me!