looking for the truth about insanity

Options
Ok looking for the truth. anyone used it? worth the money? I know it is high intensity. I have no health problems, no joint problems. I know how to take breaks when I need to. I dont want to spend the money if its not worth it. Does your body really change?

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    It's worth whatever you're willing to put into it.
  • candicew4
    candicew4 Posts: 1
    Options
    It is well worth it! I won't lie..it's HARD, but I guess thats why they call it INSANITY! I <3 it a great calorie burn and it's a major sweat fest.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Yes....I found that my endurance increased alot...I lost only about 6 lbs but several inches.....I think it's worth it but like anything you get out what you commit to and put into it.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is absolutely worth it. I've just started week 4, and I'm noticing amazing changes in my body, and probably most important to me, in my cardiovascular shape already.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice. It's most certainly worth your money so long as you put in the effort!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm only a week into it, but it's definitely worth the money already!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    cool, just what I wanted to hear. I have been using NIKE Training app with my IPOD and have def noticed changes. Jillian Michael is okay but I am bored looking for some change and increase the activity. I have read and read and watched the info on TV but needed some true persons feedback!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    It's worth double what it costs. I lost 14 lbs on it. I am 5'3 and started insanity weighing 159. When I was done with it, I met a few friends to go for a jog and I ran 3 miles without stopping. My endurance is awesome. I finished a few weeks ago and I miss it, when it's rainy, I usually pop in a DVD instead of running.
  • mbcasey2009
    mbcasey2009 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice-in a row. Didn't lose a pound although I did tone up. Be warned though if you are a runner-with all the jumping/plyo moves involved my knees were tender and I had a problem with longer distances. But I love the fact that the people in the videos looked as bad as I felt! Good luck and have fun!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Doing the videos is one thing, having the discipline to do the diet along with it (where the majority of the results will come from) is another story.

If you can do both, you will change.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    my husband likes it. he has just worked up to the point where he can do all of every work out and he's in the military so he was pretty fit to begin with.
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am only on week 2, but it has been great so far! I get bored VERY easily with most workouts. But Insanity seems to be challenging enough that I won't get bored. I borrowed it from a friend, but I was just about to purchase it before my friend let me borrow his. I think you will be happy with your purchase...it is HARD, but definitely worth it!!!
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband, daughter and I just started week four. While I have not really lost any weight yet (I actually gained 2lbs the first two weeks) I have lost a total of 8.5 inches. It is really hard, and I cant even come close to keeping up but the changes in my body keep me working at it and I'm definitely not bored! I feel it is worth the money.
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    But I love the fact that the people in the videos looked as bad as I felt! Good luck and have fun!

I totally agree with this, I love that they look real and struggle completing the entire workout just like me. :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yes it works if it's done and you eat right :)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    yeaup Im barely on my 11th day and I already lost 3 pounds from it.. So yeaup all is good... INSANITY IS WHAT THEY SAY HAHA INSANE!! AND I LOVE IT ALREADY.. Tho, I didnt have to purchase it either a friend gave it to me :) GET IT FOR SURE THO...Jillian Michaels was a BORE to me on my 1st wk with her.. this is wayyy better!
  • mattlomeli
    mattlomeli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not really more to add...but YES, it's worth it. I lost 18 lbs. and several inches (in different spots of course).
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5...the recovery week between the two sets. I haven't lost any weight but my thighs and belly are smaller. I am finding, though that my knees hurt. I'm surprised because I am a distance runner. I didn't think I would have a problem with the pounding.... so just be aware that it's hard on the joints.
  • PNOIZE
    PNOIZE Posts: 44
    Options
    personally, i lost 35 lbs in 60 days of insanity.