If you're lazy about exercise what gets you motivated?

Options
hisgirl86
hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
Looking for inspiration. Big or small, what gets you up and moving when your feeling lazy about working out?

Replies

• embertoe
    embertoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I pat my belly and remember what I'm working out for. :D
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I have two tricks:

1. I put going to the gym in my calendar, that way I can't say I don't have the time etc etc... it's scheduled.

2. I exercise in the evening, so I eat more in the mornings on the days I'm going to the gym... this means I HAVE to go if I'm going to keep under my cals for the day.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think about how my sculpture, which I'm putting all this effort into making perfect, is possibly slipping from my grasp...
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Because everyday when my boyfriend asks me what I worked, I don't want to say "Oh...I was too lazy to get the the gym." Haha, and I also think about my goals and how much more muscle I still have to gain. :) I want to be competition worthy in a couple years.
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Boot camp at 5:30 am. I sleep in my work out clothes, get water bottle, heart rate monitor and shoes out and by the door the night before. Alarm goes off at 5:05, I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, don't even wash my face. There is no traffic that time of the morning! By the time I really wake up I am almost done. Bonus- I feel great for the rest of the day! :)
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I ride a bike trainer in front of the tv. It's just a routine. I don't focus on the bike at all so time goes fast.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    It helps me to always have a new short term goal: 5 minutes longer, 3 more flights of stairs, 5 more reps or whatever. I get a big boost of self confidence when I meet my goals.