45 days to lose 22 pounds!

Options
Platnex
Platnex Posts: 110 Member
Right guys and girls, this is a big one for me, starting tomorrow I have a weigh in, I expect to be around the 270 mark however I have been chalanged by my cousin (and given the green light from my Doctor) to lose 22 pounds in 45 days!

I have been promised a brand new suit if I can hit the goal (which is a major thing for me as I am a bit like Barney Stinson, I love my suits even if I am nowhere near as good looking as him)

I am basically looking for as much help as I can get, the stipulation for this is I am not allowed use anything cheating and it much be done in a healthy way (I am not just allowed starve myself or anything to that extent)

What I am looking for is some tips, some good workouts (Can not be high impact as I have been having a niggling left knee recently) some good (CHEAP!) meal ideas and general motivation, if anyone here is a personal trainer or in training for it I would love to be able to have a brief one to one conversation about this in a little more detail.

Thanks!!

Replies

• workoutgirl23
    workoutgirl23 Posts: 267
    Options
    wow. 22 pounds in 45 days is not going to happen. i'm sorry. but with out massively starving yourself, there is no way to lose that much weight so fast. it wouldn't be healthy. a person isn't suppose to lose more than 2 pounds per week.
  • 3ur0tr45h
    3ur0tr45h Posts: 12
    Options
    Go for it! People will say losing 22lbs in 45 days isn't healthy but you know what else is unhealthy? Being overweight! Just can't win that game I guess.

My only guess is cut all salt and processed foods and drink lots of water. Eat lean and clean and work out like a boss.
  • sparks29
    sparks29 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi there

I recently did just that but I was on medical protien and I lost 24 lbs in 21 days, it is possible but it will be hard
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My guess is the only way possiable is if you just got a gastric bypass surgery done. But it will be interesting to keep up with your progress, please keep us informed ok. :flowerforyou:
  • erineddy81
    erineddy81 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Dude...seriously??? Just take a chainsaw to one of your limbs...ought to do the trick. If your doctor approved of this, time to find another doctor. You could inflict serious damage onto your body for a suit???
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Losing 1 pound every other day? Creating a deficit of 1700 calories a day? Sorry for bursting your bubble, but it doesn't seem plausible or healthy. Still go for it if you want to, no one's stopping you. :)
  • pigsfly1972
    pigsfly1972 Posts: 14
    Options
    Well Im no expert but here is a few tips:
    Look up lose 10 pounds in 10 days on youtube
    Or Master Cleanse
    Detox tea
    Intense hard core workouts or workouts 2x per day.
    No white flour, wheat,sugar,gluten potato, corn,
    No empty calories , No adult bevs
    protien shakes
    First thing in the morning water with lemon Ice cold with ice
    Coffee with cinammon
    Hot peppers chilli flakes or habeneros , cayenne pepper (great for the metabolism)
    I would stick to fish and turkey or tofu personally no red meat or pork.
    Get plenty of rest 8 hours a night.
    Use cross training lifting and cardio.
    I would probably eat a orange or something with citrus before or after workouts.
    Luckily for men it is alot easier than women.
    If you have access to a sauna or jacuzzi.
    I know it can be done boxers and wrestlers do it quite a bit.
    Not sure how healthy it is but hey it's your challenge your body.
    Also the bigger you are the easier it is to come off .
    I hope this helps!!
    Good luck to you
  • Platnex
    Options
    I know it is possible for a couple of reasons.

1. I have had a really bad couple of weeks which has added a few pounds that will be semi easy to get off and as a lot of people says, you lose the most amount of weight in the first week or two.

2. I weight approx 170/280 pounds as it is and I have a total of 110ish pounds to lose in total so I am not short on pounds to lose.

3. I plan on cheating a little with a couple of pounds water weight.

4. My exercise due to my job has me walking approx 6 hours a day, 4 days a week and on top of that I will be working out 3 days a week aswell.

5. My diet I know I can get perfectally balanced as I live with a chef who knows the perfect balance.

I know it is a tough thing to do however if I am honest I do not expect to get it, I will personally be happy with 10 pounds in the month and a half.
  • Platnex
    Options
    Dude...seriously??? Just take a chainsaw to one of your limbs...ought to do the trick. If your doctor approved of this, time to find another doctor. You could inflict serious damage onto your body for a suit???

It is not just for the suit, I am doing it as an experiment and I have the doctor who is interested in seeing this as a case study and has given me the green light to visit him 3 times a week for progress reports, blood pressure etc, I am basically also doing this to help towards the high amount of obesity and get some more information out there.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    please keep us informed ok. :flowerforyou:
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You probably can do it if you have that much weight to lose. People will tell you it's not healthy, but they're also the people that are here to lose 15 lbs. :/ When I started out the very first day on this long long journey I was at 230 and guess what? I was FAT. And when you have enough weight to lose it can come off in very large numbers. I lost like 8 lbs the first week, and I guarantee I lost 22 lbs in 45 days. Just make sure that you are working out for it, not starving for it. Make sure you eat enough. With that much weight on your body and how much energy you're going to need to expend you need to make sure you figure out your BMR and all that, and eat plenty. It sounds weird I know, but 1200 calories a day for you is going to be WAY WAY WAY too low.

A site I find really helpful for stuff like that is: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools

Hope that helps. Don't let people discourage you. This is an individual journey and you have to find and do what works for YOU.
  • Platnex
    Options
    I will of course

I am thinking of making a daily blog about it, not sure if I should do it via the blog for friends or by a daily forum post to be honest.
  • WJS83
    WJS83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying what I have done is healthy or not - This is the first time I have tried a serious diet. Don't take this as an instruction.

But I started at 298 pounds on 18th of march and am now down to 270 pounds. (Am 6'3")

1500 net calories a day. Havent really been excercising heavily other than a few cardio wokouts in the first and second weeks.

Protein for breakfast, dont eat fructose, plenty of lean meat and veg.

Seems to have worked so far.

I think perhaps its more a case of total bodyweight percentage loss per week / day than a fixed maximum of 2 lbs per week.

Surely the same rules cant apply to a 120lb 5 ft female and a 300lb 6ft + male...
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You could cut out carbs. Sometimes that will drop weight fast. Eat no processed foods and only whole foods. I could never cut out carbs... slow and steady for me.
  • Platnex
    Options
    You probably can do it if you have that much weight to lose. People will tell you it's not healthy, but they're also the people that are here to lose 15 lbs. :/ When I started out the very first day on this long long journey I was at 230 and guess what? I was FAT. And when you have enough weight to lose it can come off in very large numbers. I lost like 8 lbs the first week, and I guarantee I lost 22 lbs in 45 days. Just make sure that you are working out for it, not starving for it. Make sure you eat enough. With that much weight on your body and how much energy you're going to need to expend you need to make sure you figure out your BMR and all that, and eat plenty. It sounds weird I know, but 1200 calories a day for you is going to be WAY WAY WAY too low.

A site I find really helpful for stuff like that is: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools

Hope that helps. Don't let people discourage you. This is an individual journey and you have to find and do what works for YOU.

When I was really in exercise mode back a couple of months ago before I moved which really halted my progress, my one hour work out sessions were being at least 800+ calories, that was not pushing myself either so I know that I can make the excess up quite easy.

As for the food aspect, I personally do not belive in fasting, starving etc, the body needs to be fueled so I do ensure to eat a good mix, my issue has always been too much of a potion (which I have sorted now)

Thank you for the words of encouragement, I do agree with you, everyone is different, I intend on making sure I do the best I can, I know some people will have a lot of views but at the end of the day, I have a doctor who is having me come for a check up every 3 days and will tell me to slow down if I need to, I have the right foods available and a very good gym with trainers who will tell me if they spot something to change or suggest.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    I will of course

I am thinking of making a daily blog about it, not sure if I should do it via the blog for friends or by a daily forum post to be honest.

I would vote a blog because then people can find the other entries via your profile as opposed to hunting your thread down. However, my understanding of how MFP tracks long-term posts vs. blogs is fuzzy.
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It will be difficult, but good luck! Maybe try and book a doctor's appointment halfway through the 22 days to make sure you're healthy and everything is going well?
  • alicia5645
    alicia5645 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey There! I say GO FOR IT!! I know it may seem impossible, but you'll never know until you try it. I think it is likely doable...but it's a hard thing. I'm finding out that you can do whatever you put your mind to doing!! Well wishes your way!! Stay encouraged and Keep us posted.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow progress. Curious.
  • TheMissingSock
    Options

THIS!
    I have lost 34lbs since the beginning of February and I'm not starving at all. Just working out like a maniac at the gym and making smart food choices with tons of veggies.