high cholesterol foods

Options
palmerig88
palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
So ive only been tracking since I started trying to eat better...I included cholesterol in my macros to make sure I'm not eating too much...trying to figure out why mine is already high? Was 222 last year 215 about 2 months and 20 pounds ago. I wonder if I was getting it from food before? I ate fast food like crazy and lots of chips and candy. I'm really just trying to see if making sure I don't eat too much of it will really lower my numbers next year. I don't know how much of it I was eating before since ive never tracked unhealthy (well really bad) eating.

Replies

• beachbumant_man
    beachbumant_man Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yes fast food has high cholesterol in it.. anything deep fried full of sodium! is just bad!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    15 years ago I was able to bring my cholesterol down 50 points with diet and exercise... Exercise was key.

My sister is a biochemist who has done research studies on cholesterol... One surprising thing that she found was that while DECAF COFFEE has no cholesterol in it it will raise your cholesterol. Since then I switched to plain old regular.

Also check ingredient labels for HYDROGENATED OILS as well as MONO- and DI-GLYCERIDES while they themselves are not cholesterol the are sort of the building blocks for it that your body will.

Also watch your sugars TRIGLYCERIDES is a sugar that's related to cholesterol and heart disease, in that it makes your LDLs stickier and more likely to clump together and cause a problem.

Maybe get your C REACTIVE PROTEIN tested as well, areas of inflammation make a nice home for those sticky LDLs

Reminds me it's time to find a doctor in my new neighborhood so I can get my numbers checked again.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How do u kno if u have high cholesterol? do I have to ask to get a test for it? cuz I had a physical and things like that but Ive always been curious bout my cholesterol as well cuz my dad has high cholesterol and I use to eat junk food all the time 24/7... hmm OR ARE THERE NE SIGNS OF IT??
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    How do u kno if u have high cholesterol? do I have to ask to get a test for it? cuz I had a physical and things like that but Ive always been curious bout my cholesterol as well cuz my dad has high cholesterol and I use to eat junk food all the time 24/7... hmm OR ARE THERE NE SIGNS OF IT??

It's in bloodwork the doctor usually sends you for annually. You can ask to have it done. They usually check cholesterol and sugars.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the cholesterol thing is just genetic :(
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the cholesterol thing is just genetic :(

Yes, but no sense in adding fuel to the fire, so to speak.
    A keep an eye on saturated fats and Cholesterol.

I recently learned that all fats are not evil and now try to include "happy fats" from Plants and Fish,
    (Omega-3s, a some mono- and poly- unsaturated)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Well what if u have high cholesterol and just dont ever know it? Hmm now I wanna get that blood work done.. Cuz my dad has it so yea.. and He dont even eat that much or badly at all.. he drinks alot tho.. I dont drink at all really maybe like once a month maybe twice a month... So idk
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Well what if u have high cholesterol and just dont ever know it? Hmm now I wanna get that blood work done.. Cuz my dad has it so yea.. and He dont even eat that much or badly at all.. he drinks alot tho.. I dont drink at all really maybe like once a month maybe twice a month... So idk
    They didn't start checking mine until I turned 30 ive only had it checked twice. I don't really drink much alcohol. Hardly ever.