Anyone else doing a couch to 5k program?

Options
Is anybody else doing (or have done) a couch to 5k program? I'm very interested in starting one. Any good website recommendations?

Replies

• jessiewise827
    Options
    I use an app called C25K.
  • auburnmama
    Options
    hiya,
    I got mine from the nhs choices website :)
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am doing a beginners programme off the runners world website. They have plenty of free running schedules for different abilities. Tbh I just add another 30 secs of running every 2-3 runs or so - gradually building up the running time in a 20 min run/walk session. Once I am running for 20 mins I will build up to 30 mins eventually. I am interspersing this with 30DS so a run every 3 days - but recently been running more often as travelling and running is just handy.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there well not sure if you can logon to a website called NHS but that could just be for the UK only but I think if you type couch to 5k
    it might give you a more intense list. if you wish to run at your own pace but with others then try a web site called parkrun they do 5k runs every saturday morning starting at 9am and you download a barcode and when you finish you time is recorded on there webiste for you to check your time and to see how you have done since joining I have been with them for about 2 or 3 months and its a great day out were you meet others and get some great feed back and tips on how you could improve have a look and see what you think
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am in week 6 of the Get Running app....
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I used the program from coolrunning dot com.

They also have a forum when I did it almost two years ago and I found one that was starting the program when I was and it was nice to check in with others doing it when I was.

There is an app you can download to your phone or ipod and it will tell you when to run and when to walk.

The program is awesome. I just finished up my second half marathon training.
  • Alwaysnancy
    Alwaysnancy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think my husband downloaded the couch to 5k from itunes. I made it through the program and thought it was awesome. At the time I also joined the Couch to 5K group on facebook which I also found good. Lots of other people doing the same week at the same time posting. I liked that it tells you when you are halfway down your run and when to stop and start plus I could have music running in the background.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I used ease into 5k by bluefin apps. Loved it. After the program is finished there is also a 45 minute run and 60 minute run if you want to try and do more.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used the iphone app c25kfree - worked great! I completed it in March.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
  • sive1990
    sive1990 Posts: 38
    Options
    Starting mine today! Yippee :)
  • kiolinski
    kiolinski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started the cool running app on my iphone and started a blog to track my progress! Hopefully it will be good motivation! www.couchto5katy.wordpress.com

Good luck to everyone doing the same program!