NSV's

Options
Adieux
Adieux Posts: 17 Member
So I was supposed to post this one awhile back, but never got around to it. At around the 13kg lost mark, I was at a sushi train with my workmate. We were deep in conversation about what we should get, when he stops me midway through a sentence and says "Courtenay, I'm sorry but I've been dying to say this for awhile, I can really tell you've lost weight." He's the first and only person to notice apart from my parents.

Second one was also when I was at the 13kg mark, my hairdresser who hadn't seen me in a couple of months noticed as well. We started discussing losing weight and stuff, and she said when I hit the 20kg mark she will do my hair for free. How's that for incentive!

What's prompted me to post this now is that I've just had my another NSV, in that I tried on a work shirt I haven't fit into for a good couple of years, and it fits! It's a size 20 whereas when I started this journey I was a 24/26. I still am a 24/26 in some clothing, but this shirt is what I would call a "normal" fit as opposed to a small or a large fit. Also any scoopneck clothing I have in 24/26 now just looks ridiculous on me. I have two shirts that now fall off both of my shoulders regularly, and now fall way too low and are too *exposing*.

Feeling good :)

Replies

• myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV's!!
  • Adieux
    Adieux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks myjourney!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Those are all great NSVs! You hit two really good ones all in one post! It's an amazing feeling when someone in person realizes your weight loss AND that you're fitting into your clothes better or having to think about getting new ones! WTG! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!