a runny nose does not a fun workout make...

Options
I was wondering if anyone else has issues with a runny nose brought on by your work out and if so, is there a way to avoid it? Getting tired of having to keep tissues around for my workout....

Replies

• devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Was just wondering this afternoon if I should post to see if anyone here had a solution to this one. I have the same problem, particularly when i run and it is so annoying :grumble:
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    No.. Allergic to exercise? :laugh:

I did however the other day have quite a sniffley nose and i just shoved tissue up it.. probably not good advice but helped with the workout.. Probably not the most pretty looking either but it was only 6am not many people about.
  • sajane040972
    sajane040972 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too, i just try and keep a tissue handy!
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yup, esp outside - everytime I go running I think f*** I forgot tissues - Guess that's what sleves are for
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes I have it too. It's called exercise induced rhinitis. I wish I could tell you I knew of a cure, but I don't. I have allergies and chronic congestion all year long... and I've tried everything to get rid of it, nothing works for me.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    every time - goggle it!
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    every time - goggle it!

http://bit.ly/KDx3nj

I luv this every time lol
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Apparently "nose cones" work. They are like Breath Right Nasal Strips except they go inside your nose to keep the passages open. They are for snoring or sleep apnea. Some brands are Snorepin or Max-Air nose cones. Just bought some today...going to give it a try.
  • sluedu09
    sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yeah mine runs every time I run. Never fails. And it's not thick stuff, just enough to bother me while I'm trying to breathe through my nose. I used to carry a tissue but it would end up getting sweaty and yucky. So you know what? I pull my shirt collar up and blow on the inside of my shirt. Yes it sounds gross, but so much easier and I usually have a huge sweat spot there anyways. Oh well...don't judge! :)