sore body after workout doesnt keep me motivated

Options
13»

Replies

• kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    Learn to love the pain! I know I hated being sore at first, but now when I'm sore I know I put in 100% and I am getting stronger.

this ^^^^

I have taken great joy in struggling to sit down on the toilet seat after a good work out from the pain in my quads lol
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Make sure you do a proper warm up before starting, and a cool down and stretch session when you've finished your work-out - this will minimise the pain you feel afterwards. Of course, you also have to make sure you're not overdoing it during your session - push it, but not too hard. Your muscles should feel tired and worked out, but not too painful and overworked. I'm still pretty new to this properly working out malarky too and I'm still learning what stage my body is at and how to recognise my current limits, but the workouts get easier as you go on and that's when you know it's time to step it up a notch again. ;)
  • JonesJennings
    JonesJennings Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have friends who are in the army. Strange folk they are. They have a saying, "Pain is weakness leaving the body." Probably doesn't help much.
  • mrsmile00
    mrsmile00 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good morning. First time in years I worked out in the a.m. I feel AMAZING!!
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Keep ur head up but the pain does go away after getting use to it but I've been there but stick with it