Almond butter - i'm in love

Options
So..i tried almond butter for the first time this morning....HEAVEN! i am in love!! i had it with multigrain crackers and i just thought i'd share my love :)

I am normally a peanut butter girl all the way but i fancied a change and this is perfect!

Replies

• BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is the best! too bad it is so pricey (when compared to peanut butter). I have a secret love affair with nut butters. :heart: them all!!!
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cashew nut butter is also really good :)
  • lichensandseeds
    lichensandseeds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    so delicious! I'm peanut allergic, so I have to buy the more expensive other nut butters. Trader Joe's has them for fairly cheap though-- right now I'm liking their salted almond and flax seed butter. My favorite brand when I can afford it is Once Again nut butters-- pricey, but I wait until they're on sale and buy extra.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Something I've been toying with the past few weeks is making my own peanut butter - have tried it with honey roasted peanuts, dry roasted (no salt) and have a jar of dry roasted (light salt) waiting for a spin in the processor next. I believe making other nut butters (such as almond) is just as easy - dump the nuts into a food processor and let it whirl for several minutes (7-15 mins, depending on amount and smoothness desired.) The heat from the machine makes the butter warm/soft, so I store it in the fridge. It's sooooo good, and nice to know exactly what's in it!
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    Bumping this. I can't live without Justin's Nut Butter. Especially the Maple Almond butter. YUM! Pricey, but worth it!