Return in need of support

Options
Hello! I've actually been on MFP for a while and managed to lose 30 pounds before having a bit of a mental breakdown and gaining back most of it. I'm resetting and I think it would help me a lot to have support from people like me.

About me!
Weight Basics: I'm 5'7", and I weighed 140 in high school before being put on antidepressants and gaining 50 pounds. I want to get back to 140.

Mental Basics: I have depression, social anxiety disorder, and ADD, all for which I'm on medication and in therapy.

I Swear I'm Not Weird: I'm an antisocial, misanthropic atheist, I'm vegetarian and absolutely love animals, I'm currently obsessed with the idea of living in the country and raising eggy chickens, I live on the east coast of Canada, I'd die without music (folk and delta blues and classic rock being god tier to me), I work at the public library and love books and ghost stories, I hate small talk and people asking "How are you" when they don't care... I'm gonna stop.

If you sound like me in that you have same weight to lose, or also hate exercise but need motivation to do it, or are dealing with your mental as well as physical health, or also want to live in the country and raise chickens, I'd LOVE to hear from you :3

Replies

• boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm not a fan of chickens but I'd love to raise dogs, goats and a emu or two :laugh:
  • robinslikeworms
    robinslikeworms Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Goats! <3
  • BaldyLover
    BaldyLover Posts: 26
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm a veggie because I don't like meat - eugh! Fed too much belly pork by mum as a kid...

I'm on anti depressants at the moment and going for counselling soon, so have an idea where you're coming from
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congratulations on wanting to get back on track! I also suffer from social anxiety disorder and although not at the moment I have battled with depression for several years. I live in the city so I do not know much about farming lol but I am an animal lover! Feel free to add me for support and motivation and congratulations again!
  • robinslikeworms
    robinslikeworms Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I want to say it's nice to see people in the same situation, but really mental issues are not nice, but you know what I mean : |
  • thelotusthrives
    Options
    I can totally relate to this & you! I also struggle with depression, social anxiety and panic disorder. I am huge book nerd, working in a library sounds like a dream! I am also an atheist & "almost" vegetarian, I eat chicken or fish for "treats".

I look forward to being able to support you through your journey =]