Time to lose it for good!

jmacarthur
jmacarthur Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All! Thanks for reading my post :happy: ! My step mom used MyFitnessPal to lose 80 lbs. and she has kept it off and looks/feels fantastic! I feel She is my inspiration, and I hope I can acheive similar results.
I recently got a kick in the rear from my physician who lovingly told me it is time to lose some weight. I need to have a surgery done, and he said I just crossed over to the "morbidly obese" line on the BMI chart. I already knew I was doing poorly, What's worse, I have had to go on medications for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I never thought of myself as THAT fat, you know? Inside, I still feel like the skinny teenager I used to be. My 34th birthday recently came and went, and I decided I didn't want to look or feel this way by my 35th.
Most importantly, losing this weight and getting healthier isn't for a man, or my kids, or to prove anything to my doctors or family members; this time, I am doing it for ME. This is my gift to me.
So far, I have lost 8 lbs in the past two weeks. I am totally following the plan, sometimes eating over the amount of calories i can have. I know sometime in the future I'll probably slow down or the weightloss will hit a plateau, but right now, the drop in the scale is a real ego-booster!
Thanks for reading my post- look forward to reading your stories, too! Best of luck to you all!

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • This site has been extremely helpful to me. I needed to lose weight and this site seems to be the major thing that is helping me along because I'm logging all of my food each day and trying to keep it in line with my daily requirements.

It's a wonderful site and I'm SO INCREDIBLY grateful that it's free!

Hang in there - you can do it! Just do it one moment at a time!

:flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Hi All! Thanks for reading my post :happy: ! My step mom used MyFitnessPal to lose 80 lbs. and she has kept it off and looks/feels fantastic! I feel She is my inspiration, and I hope I can acheive similar results.
    I recently got a kick in the rear from my physician who lovingly told me it is time to lose some weight. I need to have a surgery done, and he said I just crossed over to the "morbidly obese" line on the BMI chart. I already knew I was doing poorly, What's worse, I have had to go on medications for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I never thought of myself as THAT fat, you know? Inside, I still feel like the skinny teenager I used to be. My 34th birthday recently came and went, and I decided I didn't want to look or feel this way by my 35th.
    Most importantly, losing this weight and getting healthier isn't for a man, or my kids, or to prove anything to my doctors or family members; this time, I am doing it for ME. This is my gift to me.
    So far, I have lost 8 lbs in the past two weeks. I am totally following the plan, sometimes eating over the amount of calories i can have. I know sometime in the future I'll probably slow down or the weightloss will hit a plateau, but right now, the drop in the scale is a real ego-booster!
    Thanks for reading my post- look forward to reading your stories, too! Best of luck to you all!
    welcome aboard and good luck on your weight loss journey ... KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!!:happy:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Good job for losing 8 pounds! You're well on your way. I LOVE this site! I would have never thought there would be anything out there like it and I'm SOO glad I found it! All the features on this site make it amazing for helping to reach your goals - just make sure to take advantage of the tools and message boards, you can find tons of inspiration/motivation on here! I wish you much success! :happy:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU FALL GET UP AGAIN WORK HARDER REMEMBER CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT BURN BURN SWEAT SWEAT..WATER WATER IS THE KEY:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    Welcome to MFP
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the “motivation and support” message board and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • Porscher
    Porscher Posts: 5 Member
    Welcome!!!!
  • Porscher
    Porscher Posts: 5 Member
    Congrats on the progress!!!
This discussion has been closed.