frustrated, gained 2lbs...

Options
i have been SUPER STRICT, going to the gym 5 - 6 days a week... and i GAINED 2LBS! i very well know this could be muscle since all my clothes are fitting better, the double chin has finally almost disappeared, and im looking and feeling better, and my "friend" is coming....but ya gotta admit, seeing those 2lbs is FRUSTRATING!

how has everyone else gotten thru something like this?

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration. Whenever I start feeling good about how I look or feel, I step on the scale and it usually goes up. But the past few days I've been doing terrible, stepped on the scale expecting a huge weight gain, and found that there was no weight gain at all.

Keep doing what you're doing. Consider the time of the month, any salt intake that you may have had. Even staying within your calories, sometimes something high in salt will make a difference. My suggestion and what I do is eat a lot of fruit like watermelon or blueberries and it helps to flush the water out and can be very filling.

11 lb is great. Don't get frustrated. You're doing the best thing for your body in the long run. And sometimes I think the scales just get a little snippy and rebel because they realize we don't need them nearly as much anymore to determine our good health :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    If you're looking and feeling better. Your clothes are feeling better. I say shake it off and keep after it.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What kind of work have you been doing at the gym. You may have gained some muscle, which is a good thing. :happy:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Its nothin but water probaly dont sweat it :laugh: get it sweat it:laugh:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I just joined and have been doing this for only 2 weeks...but am of the opinion that you don't need to weigh yourself, ever. Just have some clothes that you know you should fit into and that you look good in, and gauge success by how close you are to getting into these clothes. That way you only care about how you feel and what you see in the mirror and not the numerics. Anyway, I'm sure you look great and that is water weight.....
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have been working out 3 to 5 days a week (at least 30 minutes on the elliptical or swimming, and just recently upped it to 45 minutes) for 6 to 8 weeks. I have been consuming a fair average of about 1200 - 1400 calories between food and exercise for 2 months. This whole time, I have stayed away from my scale. The plan was to wait until I had really noticed a change, because I didn't want to be disappointed.

I finally got on the scale last night, after a co-worker remarked, "Look how skinny Swayne is getting." I was expecting a few pounds to be lost - maybe two or three - because I know my body will do anything to keep its fat...

191 pounds. I have gained a pound. I can't believe it. Last year at this time, after a similar exercise pattern, I was down to 178.

So, I feel your pain and you are not alone! I am hoping for us all that this is just a weird thing that happens to some people. I read back in some similar posts, and someone had said it can take 13 weeks to see results. I can live with that, as long as it happens eventually. Hang in there!
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    WOW must be that we're getting older since we're around the same weight and age lol
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Must be!

Ugh and now a pair of my pants I haven't worn in awhile is too tight! How frustrating!