Does anyone know a good way to tighten arms?

Options
I hate my arms, and i am looking for a fast way to tighten them up before it gets to warm outside and becomes tank top season Don't feel like being the only one wearing a sweat shirt...So any suggestions? :)

Replies

• Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    press ups! They can solve just about any arm related problem - even better if combined with some cardio exercise.
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pushups! Lots of pushups, in many different varieties! That will help your muscles, anyways.
  • Mizz1993
    Mizz1993 Posts: 10
    Options
    Press ups? I have 5 pound weights so pretty much just push them up over my head a few times? Ha funny push ups i have never been able to do a decent push up and i haven't always been big. lol i'll give them another shot thanks.
  • Jo2926
    Options
    press up is UK speak for push up!! LOL
  • Jo2926
    Options
    But shoulder press like you describe will help too. If you have weights there are lots more options - and quite a few people on here recommend the website bodybuilding.com which will show you how to do each exercise and is nowhere near as scary as its name sounds. Good luck!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Press ups? I have 5 pound weights so pretty much just push them up over my head a few times? Ha funny push ups i have never been able to do a decent push up and i haven't always been big. lol i'll give them another shot thanks.

Get some heavier weights to start. Tricep kickbacks are great, overhead presses, curls, rows (and on and on). Get a DVD on strenght training or circuit training to help get you started. I like Jackie Warner, she does training without all the "dancy" stuff, which I prefer.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    You can "harden" the muscle underneath with exercise, but if you're looking for exercise to reduce the size.................then it ain't gonna happen. Can't spot reduce any area with exercise.
    But you do still want to exercise. Stick to the basics: barbell or dumbell curls and tricep extensions or diamond pushups.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Push ups and weights helped me and when losing weight your arms will go down...
  • lizblizz28
    lizblizz28 Posts: 166
    Options
    bump for later--I have the same problem!
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to do push ups so I started with vertical ones against the wall now I can do then using the table and keeping my body inclined and in a straight line. The flab is not going but the muscles underneath are feeling firmer.