Its been one hell of a journey

Options
IMDABEAST
IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
So Jan 2010, my wife and I made the decision that our life had to change. I myself was at 485 and had some health issues due to the weight, Together we are nearing the 410 pounds lost together. I myself am near 280 pounds lost and never thought I would be able to get down this far. I could have not done it without my wife and my MFP support. I do get frustrated at times and just look at my before pics and realize what has been accomplished.For those of you that have just started your journey or the light at he tunnel seems so far away, just remember to take it one day at a time! If you think I could provide you some support feel free to add me...but you must keep your eyes on the prize and keep your focus. Good luck..YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

Replies

• dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Amazing....and so wonderful that you did it with your wife. I'm sure you are beyond happy and proud. Congrats!!
  • sashatranett
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss! i have about 230 lbs to lose, and every lb just seems like a drop in the bucket. i have to remember that losing weight is one good decision at a time, just like gaining it was one bad decision at a time. thanks for your story, you're a great inspiration. i'm sending a request your way!
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I admire you and your wifes dedication and motivation... we need pics! :)
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You have been one of my best friends on here and I'm so proud of you and your wife!!! I agree this has been one hell of a journey but so worth it!!! Keep inspiring!!!! :bigsmile:
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    On day at a time - love that! You're right, sometimes it's so hard to know that it will take me years to achieve this - but to see people like you is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
  • StartingOver12
    Options
    Amazing! Way to go!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, great job! You should be so proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting the encouraging words. I needed to hear that today as I am becoming impatient with my weight loss and your words helped me to calm down. Congratulations to you and your wife for the great weight loss. Kudos!

Love to see before and after pictures.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    hey beast,you and your wife have been a big inspiration to me as well.........you both are a sucess story

glad you have decided to adress the issue and not wait ,it s harder when you get older

Im sure proud of you guys, congratulations to you both for your hard work and dedication...............Lloyd
  • amaryaxxx
    amaryaxxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    great job, u r both an inspiration?
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Great job to the both of you.
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for sharing your success:O) Definitely need some pics!
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! This is inspiring! Some times when I want to just snack and have a brownie or eat a bucket of popcorn at the movies I get upset because I have no calories allocated for it and think "what’s the point of enjoying life if I have to keep counting calories" but I do see results and I guess I just put too much emphasis on food and not other things I could be enjoying just as much in life that doesn't involve sabotaging my healthy ;)
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well done and well said sir. Very inspirational. Everybody's got a story, and no matter how "bad" you think your story/life/situation is, somebody has overcome worse! Why not you!

:drinker:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You're both total badasses. And you know it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!