I RAN 9 MILES!!

Options
Ok..I had to share that as it was my own personal best....added 934 calories to my day! Sure, my legs may fall off soon and I had to take a nap afterward...but I made it!! HAPPY SATURDAY!

Replies

• alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Ok..I had to share that as it was my own personal best....added 934 calories to my day! Sure, my legs may fall off soon and I had to take a nap afterward...but I made it!! HAPPY SATURDAY!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! There is NO WAY i could EVER run that far!!! BE PROUD!!!!:wink:
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Last week on Thursday I had 8.25 miles on Elliptical or Cross country or whatever that funny looking cardio machine is called. I did 4 sessions of 28mins and the calorie burnt were 960. I did a little over 7 min of tread mill to do 40 more calories, to do the total best of 1000 calories in a day. Wow, I feel good to brag here. But you know what, I would not have done any had I not been in a gym where everyone else was doing. I hope to match this again today at 24hr fitness gym.
  • commonsensefitness
    Options
    And yes great alimassa, just wanted to put my own numbers to share that I am doing the same.
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options

wow aweseome , i am just now pushing to get my 2 miles LOL

Great job
  • alimassa
    Options
    I think we should all brag a little bit here! It is great to share your feelings of accomplishment with other people trying to do the same things you are.... :-)

I have to move furniture today...can I get any more calories for that? LOL
  • commonsensefitness
    Options
    But please dont over do it. I have lost a friend at gym some 10 yrs back when he got into weightlifting bragging competition. Just be moderate and gradually built up. I started with 200 calories and added 100 each day. Now I think 1000 is the max number for me and will hope to do it whenver I am motivated but will try to do atleast 300 a visit.
  • violetvy
    violetvy Posts: 33
    Options
    awesome! Did you do on the treadmill or run outside?
  • alimassa
    Options
    Treadmill....I live in South Dakota....I will start running outside when it is a tad nicer outside. I am not a 50 degree running type of girl. hehehehe
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    In the immortal words of Frank Barone from "Everybody Loves Raymond".....Holy Crap!!!!
  • violetvy
    Options
    The most i've done on a treadmill is 3 miles! So that is really good! How long did it take you?
  • mileyfan08
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing!! I just ran 1/4-ish of a mile, came home and almost passed out on the floor. I hope someday to maybe get up to just 1 mile. 9 miles seems so far away from this point.

Again, awesome job!!
    ~casey~
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!
  • alimassa
    Options
    Took me 90 mins.....10 per mile... nice and slow or I never would have made it!!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I think we should all brag a little bit here! It is great to share your feelings of accomplishment with other people trying to do the same things you are.... :-)

I have to move furniture today...can I get any more calories for that? LOL

I moved furniture from upstairs today. :frown: 3 bedrooms, with lots of help of course. :wink: Not moving till the mid of week but wanted it down here since I work all week. I looked it up and for 2 hrs i burned over 600 calories. Thank goodness. I just ate 3 oreos. Great job on the runs.:drinker:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I do 5 miles outside everyday.....the most I can take on the treadmill is 3 miles...good for you WOW!

zen
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!:noway: I couldn't do that if a martian was chasing me:happy: Good for you:drinker:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing!! I just ran 1/4-ish of a mile, came home and almost passed out on the floor.

:laugh: Me too! I ran a little today, crawled in the front door, and laid down on the floor for 5 min. I would have laid down in the front yard, but thought the neighbors would see!
  • violetvy
    Options
    Took me 90 mins.....10 per mile... nice and slow or I never would have made it!!

that is FAST! I run like a 12 minute mile and I am pooped already!
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    I am curious with all of this running, are you seeing great results with weight loss?