Still can't make calorie targets.

Options
dellieve
dellieve Posts: 35 Member
I've been attempting to eat back all of my exercise calories, and I cannot seem to do it. Past 3 days i've netted about 3-400 under my actual target. I'm also set for 2lbs a week as I still have about 45lbs left to get to my target.

I can usually make it, or at least close to on days I'm not exercising, but some days I'm netting less than 1200 cals which I know is bad.

My diaries open if anyone has any suggestions, I'm honestly thinking about just having more protein shakes in between meals to bump it up 200 a pop!

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    An easy quick change would be the milk. Go for the regular stuff, not light. You can also do a slice of bread or two with peanut or almond butter. They add up pretty quick.
  • dellieve
    Options
    Didn't think about the milk, good idea.

That would probably do it right there, at least give it a kick in the right direction.

I've heard people putting a spoonful of peanut butter in their chocolate protein shakes as well, there's a Optimum Double Choc that I was told tastes like a Reeses Peanut butter protein shake if you mix it right..That's also on my to do list haha
  • granvill
    granvill Posts: 3
    Options
    Lucky you!

Try eating nuts. One bag is about 500 calories and they're healthy.
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I eat almost 4 tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter every day. (usually all for desert!) Great way to get in my fats and protein and at 90 calories a pop, it'll help you hit your macros.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've done that too! Yummy!! Nutella-if you have the cals- kicks up the chocolate nicely.
  • dellieve
    Options
    Also, speaking of macros, will setting them at 40-40-20 (carbs/protein/fat) be fine for weight loss?
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Also, speaking of macros, will setting them at 40-40-20 (carbs/protein/fat) be fine for weight loss?
    Protein and fats are necessary for health, carbohydrates are not. My current macros are set at 30-40-30 (carbs, protein, fats)

You might want to make sure you get enough dietary fat though. (.45-.5 grams per pound of body weight per day is recommended) Fat is very important as it regulates testosterone levels (Which helps with strength, energy and fat loss) and helps absorb fat soluble vitamins. I would try to make sure you hit your daily fat and protein macros and then fill the rest of your calories with whatever you want. Carbs or more protein and fat. Fats and protein will also help you feel full for longer than carbs as well, which is a big help when dieting.
  • mdink620
    mdink620 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peak through your diary, I wouldn't be too concerned because it looks like most days you are burning a lot of calories, on days you are burning over 500 I wouldn't worry about trying to eat them all back unless you are losing weight too fast more than 2 pounds a week. Also the suggestions about peanut butter, milk, and nuts are great, all are very calorie dense and good for you. Adding a glass of chocolate milk post workout would up your calories and give you some good muscle building protein.
  • ALKSHANNON
    ALKSHANNON Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Okay it said that I am 1200 cals but monday I was under just 35cals then I added my workout and then I was under 546cals what do I do now I am happy I lost 2lbs from sunday but is this bad? do I have to eat another meal? I have a hard time eating my snacks is that what the problem is? help I am new and I really dont know how to do this
    Thanks
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    How confident are you in the calorie estimates for your exercises?

Add peanut butter to your protein shakes.

Drizzle olive oil over your veggies

Take whatever you're eating, and add bacon.
  • dellieve
    Options
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'm underestimating my exercises.

I take what my HRM says, and take about 100 for each exercise off.

Adding Bacon to anything makes it great, bacon is a any time food.

Peanut butter to the shakes definitely seems like a good easy option.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a bit more "real food". There's not a lot of healthy fats in your diet - you could have whole milk, real cheese, full fat yoghurt nuts, avocados, pan fry eggs/meat/fish in a little olive, sesame, walnut or lemon oil - we do need these fats in our diets. Oily fish such as tuna, salmon or mackerel is very good for you. In general, if you incresed your portion sizes of meat/fish that would get your protein up, as would adding some pulses (beans, chickpeas, lentils) into your diet. I'm not a big fan of artificial additives, processed food, shakes etc myself, although I know a lot of people think they're fine.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    When I'm under for my calories......I have a glass of milk and some peanuts.

PS. Glad to see someone wanting to eat more calories. Just read a thread with someone suggesting to only eat carrots for a week. Sheesh.
  • ALKSHANNON
    Options
    Wow
  • ALKSHANNON
    Options
    how much is milk? I was like over 500 under (and high in meat)
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

I drink skim, 80 calories per cup. I LOVE milk!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Per 100ml, whole milk is 67 calories, semi skim is 50.